WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.625658 Update - Aug 8, 2024

So, I factory reset ultra by holding play for 10 seconds and saw factory reset. Why it’s still pick the same ssid? I want to change ssid but it keep picking same ssid with password without allow me to choose. I need help how to pick different ssid. Thanks!

So, I factory reset ultra by holding play for 10 seconds and saw factory reset. Why it’s still pick the same ssid? I want to change ssid but it keep picking same ssid with password without allow me to choose. I need help how to pick different ssid. Thanks!
Once the phone is connected to that SSID, can't you select it on the WiiM setup screen? I think it was made like that, but don't remember anymore...

Once the phone is connected to that SSID, can't you select it on the WiiM setup screen? I think it was made like that, but don't remember anymore...
I want to try the 6ghz which is supported by ultra 6e. I can’t change ssid even after reset.

Why don't you just follow the procedure as described in the WiiM Audio Help Center? There's no reason to perform a factory reset.

Connect your phone to the desired SSID. Press the play bottom for thee seconds. Follow the on screen advice shown in the WiiM Home App.

Easy.

Why don't you just follow the procedure as described in the WiiM Audio Help Center? There's no reason to perform a factory reset.

Connect your phone to the desired SSID. Press the play bottom for thee seconds. Follow the on screen advice shown in the WiiM Home App.

Easy.
I was able to pick ssid after I remove all wiim on the app and reset ultra. Thanks!

Last edited:
Ultra support WiFi 6E on its spec meaning triband with 6ghz. WiFi 6E is triband and WiFi 6 is dual band.
Sure. But that doesn’t add performance. Bandwidth is a concept many do not grasp; always wanting more even when more adds nothing. :)

Sure. But that doesn’t add performance. Bandwidth is a concept many do not grasp; always wanting more even when more adds nothing. :)
I am aware about that. I have WiFi 7 router that support 6ghz and I want to use it separate from 5ghz band.

No idea. According to the status on the Google Play Store, it's an old version. And I got the update around 5th August.
The build date component of the version string says 2024-08-09.
onlyoneme WHA 2.11.0.240809.4ef25c.png

That's newer than the official version from the Google Play Store (which is the same a I have):
onlyoneme WHA 2.11.0.240805.png

I think that they submitted incorrect build to Google first, and they replaced it with another one later. I got the first version.

I just applied this fw update.
For a short while afterwards the screen cycled through some pictures with no clock showing.
It was quite nice.
And then the clock reappeared :(

Makes me now want a clock on/off toggle, like the 24hr toggle!

I have noticed that there’s a new subwoofer toggle switch on RC which now can be part of room correction. I’m not sure if this was firmware or app update that brought that feature.

I have noticed that there’s a new subwoofer toggle switch on RC which now can be part of room correction. I’m not sure if this was firmware or app update that brought that feature.
Nice to know! Still waiting for my update "turn" :rolleyes:

Back