WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.626261 Update - Aug 14, 2024

That’s very strange. That didn’t used to be there, and you didn’t used to be able to use room correction on the sub.

WiiM said they’d include it in the next update, but since then I’ve checked the details of the updates but haven’t seen it mentioned. Maybe I missed it.

Many thanks.
It required an update of the firmware and the WiiM Home App. :)

The firmware came first.

That’s very strange. That didn’t used to be there, and you didn’t used to be able to use room correction on the sub.

WiiM said they’d include it in the next update, but since then I’ve checked the details of the updates but haven’t seen it mentioned. Maybe I missed it.

Many thanks.
Wasn't there talk of the sub output possibly having it's own 10 band PEQ in the future?

Did they mention it in either firmware’s release notes?
It was already in the amp firmware and in the beta app for Android. When I pointed out it was in the Android app they removed it from the released version then added the switchable version back in just recently. I didn't see any announcement.

@Steve Woodhouse you have two choice doing rc, with sub correction or not. I tried both with sub toggle on the sub became mute because rc shave many low frequency. With toggle off, I could hear and feel sub rumbling. Try which one you like personal preference.

Wasn't there talk of the sub output possibly having it's own 10 band PEQ in the future?
I don't remember having seen such a statement. I also don't consider it necessary.

Personally, I'd love to have independent EQ per speaker or subwoofer (for correcting errors in the anechoic response) and room correction. However, I don't think that this is ever going to happen. The common target curve approach to most people looks like a fix for both issues. I don't necessarily agree, but it's a complicated topic that's not going to generate a lot of interest.

Back