Wiim Ultra with large powered hard drive

How do you do this on a Pro? The USB-C on the Pro only supports power, not data. Is there some trick to making that work?

That said, the Ultra (and WiiM Amp) has a USB-A and supports USB disks, and you hit the important part that your USB drive is powered. I don't know the spec offhand, but I believe the max amperage that the USB port can support is fairly low. The externally powered drive will be fine though. Check other threads here on issues with max number of files (and per folder), indexing abnormalities, file system formatting, etc, especially with a large drive and thousands of files.

How do you do this on a Pro? The USB-C on the Pro only supports power, not data. Is there some trick to making that work?

That said, the Ultra (and WiiM Amp) has a USB-A and supports USB disks, and you hit the important part that your USB drive is powered. I don't know the spec offhand, but I believe the max amperage that the USB port can support is fairly low. The externally powered drive will be fine though. Check other threads here on issues with max number of files (and per folder), indexing abnormalities, file system formatting, etc, especially with a large drive and thousands of files.
I did this on my pro using Plex. I might have my wording mixed up. Thanks, I am going to set this up in the next few days.

I need to know what maximum HD is supported / library size etc
Is this for the standalone system you've discussed previously?
Has anyone actually tried it without an internet connection? I know Sonos now requires an internet connection, or at least it did the last time I tried the new courageous app.

Is this for the standalone system you've discussed previously?
Has anyone actually tried it without an internet connection? I know Sonos now requires an internet connection, or at least it did the last time I tried the new courageous app.

Brother is interested in new streamer, and USB HDD connected means a NAS isn't needed (which adds further cost)

Tagging is spot on so should be ok, however if it's like DNLA scanner, then it might be hard to navigate, compared to LMS album artist branch

Tagging is spot on so should be ok, however if it's like DNLA scanner, then it might be hard to navigate, compared to LMS album artist branch
I think it's very bare bones just like it is for local music: Artist (Album), Album, Genre, Folder and Playlists.

8-10 Tb full of music will take forever to scan. The question no one knows the answer to yet is how big is the flash memory on the WiiM? How much is available for this task and the resultant database?

8-10 Tb full of music will take forever to scan. The question no one knows the answer to yet is how big is the flash memory on the WiiM? How much is available for this task and the resultant database?

From my Pi5, the database is about 16GB.

Although the database will be stored on the USB it’s going to have to be read into memory somewhere to be usable. Phone app?
The server is available to UPnP control points so it'll be on the Amp/Ultra.

Although the database will be stored on the USB it’s going to have to be read into memory somewhere to be usable. Phone app?
It’s the number of files to be indexed, not the storage used by the files.

Back