2 Speaker Living Room - Yamaha -NS-IC800W Suggestions

If you connect a SW to WiiM Ultra in the future, connect the Ultra's sub-out to "INPUT 3 (LFE)" on the SW. And High Cut should be set to 140Hz.🙂

Also, when connecting the WiiM pro plus to an amplifier, be sure to keep the volume of the amplifier and subwoofer turned down. Be careful not to let your ears bleed from the blasting sound.

I forgot to mention...
Since you chose the WiiM pro plus, I also recommend connecting the WiiM RCA-out to the CD input of the S301. You can listen to and compare the sound of Coaxial, Optical, and Line Out and choose your preference.🙂

I forgot to mention...
Since you chose the WiiM pro plus, I also recommend connecting the WiiM RCA-out to the CD input of the S301. You can listen to and compare the sound of Coaxial, Optical, and Line Out and choose your preference.🙂
Yes, I was also wondering about that. I had not considered that there could be sound differences but was rather thinking of redundancy backup with the different input options. That idea is pretty cool. I am sure that there will be subtle differences between them and that is really a great benefit. Awesome recommendation.

Also, when connecting the WiiM pro plus to an amplifier, be sure to keep the volume of the amplifier and subwoofer turned down. Be careful not to let your ears bleed from the blasting sound.
50% volume or less ?

50% volume or less ?
Volume should be set to 0%.

1. Set the volume of the S301 to 0%.
  2. Connect all devices with cables.
  3. Plug in the power cable of WiiM.
  4. Plug in the power cable of S301.
  5. Please check (Set the volume of the S301 to 0%.)
  6. Set the input selector of the S301 to Coaxial.
  7. Install the WiiM home app on the phone and set up the WiiM device.
  8. After setup is complete, set the output to Coaxial and set "Coax "Output Resolution" to 24bit /192kHz.
  9. Then tap "Play test audio" to play test music.
  10. While the music is playing, turn up the volume on the S301 to the appropriate position.

Last edited:
Volume should be set to 0%.

1. Set the volume of the S301 to 0%.
  2. Connect all devices with cables.
  3. Plug in the power cable of WiiM.
  4. Plug in the power cable of S301.
  5. Please check (Set the volume of the S301 to 0%.)
  6. Set the input selector of the S301 to Coaxial.
  7. Install the WiiM home app on the phone and set up the WiiM device.
  8. After setup is complete, set the output to Coaxial and set "Coax "Output Resolution" to 24bit /192kHz.
  9. Then tap "Play test audio" to play test music.
  10. While the music is playing, turn up the volume on the S301 to the appropriate position.
image_67168257.JPGimage_67362561.JPGimage_67156481.JPG
Thank you so much for the instructions. Wiim Pro Plus has not arrived yet but today we installed the speakers and wired them to the A-S301. Here are some pictures of the speaker installation.

Mission accomplished !! Wiim Pro Plus installed to my A-S301 without any problems whatsoever. I am currently using Coaxial input but already have Optical and RCA Line Out wired to the Yamaha amplifier as well. I will be testing sound differences soon. I am very happy. Wife and daughter have been able to use Spotify without installing the Wiim Home app since it is already setup so basically whoever is on the network has access to play music as needed.

I tested Airplay from the MacBook without any problems and I am very satisfied. I´m enthusiastic now about getting a subwoofer. I have been reading all day about the NS-SW300. Can you suggest some subwoofer alternatives? I would really like to eventually replace the Wiim Pro Plus with the Ultra so that I can use the High Pass options.

Mission accomplished !! Wiim Pro Plus installed to my A-S301 without any problems whatsoever. I am currently using Coaxial input but already have Optical and RCA Line Out wired to the Yamaha amplifier as well. I will be testing sound differences soon. I am very happy. Wife and daughter have been able to use Spotify without installing the Wiim Home app since it is already setup so basically whoever is on the network has access to play music as needed.

I tested Airplay from the MacBook without any problems and I am very satisfied. I´m enthusiastic now about getting a subwoofer. I have been reading all day about the NS-SW300. Can you suggest some subwoofer alternatives? I would really like to eventually replace the Wiim Pro Plus with the Ultra so that I can use the High Pass options.
I installed initially using WiFi but later that evening finished the Ethernet connection so now it is using a 300mbps wired connection. Awesome simple system that my wife is very happy with.

I tested Airplay from the MacBook without any problems and I am very satisfied.

Congratulations on completing the mission. 🤗

I´m enthusiastic now about getting a subwoofer. I have been reading all day about the NS-SW300. Can you suggest some subwoofer alternatives? I would really like to eventually replace the Wiim Pro Plus with the Ultra so that I can use the High Pass options.

If you are looking for a non-Yamaha subwoofer, you may want to look for a product manufactured in your country.

There are many options depending on your budget.

I use Polk Audio subwoofers and I think they are excellent value for money. I don't listen to music very loud, so the inexpensive Polk was sufficient for me.

Another popular choice is SVS. (I have never used SVS because there is no SVS in my country.)

There are many friends here who know more about audio equipment than I do, so it would be good to hear everyone's opinions.😄

Back