2 Step Volume staged EQ

Jay x

Don't know how best to succinctly present the concept.

Basically the ability to set 2 different EQ dependant on the volume percentage.

An automated 'loudness' setting.

My issue is that I have 2 EQ settings in general... One for the majority of my listening. But late at night I use another as a loudness compensation as I drop the volume.

It would be sublime if that 'loudness' EQ would automatically select itself at a preset volume %

But rather than call it a loudness setting. Just allow us to allocate 2 different stored EQ settings with a % slider to set the level we want to change between the two.

PS... I always boost the Sub when watching films 😉 be nice for WiiM Amp to do that for me 🤗

Thanks
JJ
Scotland

I submitted a ticket (#504644). I requested a feature to set different per-equalization gain per EQ profile. The ticket was closed about a week ago. WiiM support acknowledged the request and said they will consider for future implementation.

Don't know how best to succinctly present the concept.

Basically the ability to set 2 different EQ dependant on the volume percentage.

An automated 'loudness' setting.

My issue is that I have 2 EQ settings in general... One for the majority of my listening. But late at night I use another as a loudness compensation as I drop the volume.

It would be sublime if that 'loudness' EQ would automatically select itself at a preset volume %

But rather than call it a loudness setting. Just allow us to allocate 2 different stored EQ settings with a % slider to set the level we want to change between the two.

PS... I always boost the Sub when watching films 😉 be nice for WiiM Amp to do that for me 🤗

Thanks
JJ
Scotland
Prior to RC, I was asking if they would implement loudness but instead they implemented loudness via graphic eq. With RC now implemented, I don’t think need I loudness. RC made my system sound not just good but outstanding. It correct peak and dips in my room response. RC and balanced control are the best features that I like the best.

I submitted a ticket (#504644). I requested a feature to set different per-equalization gain per EQ profile. The ticket was closed about a week ago. WiiM support acknowledged the request and said they will consider for future implementation.
If there’s big demand on such feature, wiim will give it a priority.

Even with a perfect RC implementation late night low volume listening always benefits from a bass heavy and low mid boosted curve. Or even when music is set low during conversation. Lowering volume so often results in a loss in sonic 'girth' ...
Maybe a global algorithmic automated loudness booster that could be applied under a certain user set % level regardless of user preset or RC active.

Even with a perfect RC implementation late night low volume listening always benefits from a bass heavy and low mid boosted curve. Or even when music is set low during conversation. Lowering volume so often results in a loss in sonic 'girth' ...
Maybe a global algorithmic automated loudness booster that could be applied under a certain user set % level regardless of user preset or RC active.
Back in days when I had Yamaha amp which they incorporate variable loudness control instead a switch on and off. Tonal balance was equally same on all volume setting. The on and off loudness switch was disaster in my opinion.

Back in days when I had Yamaha amp which they incorporate variable loudness control instead a switch on and off. Tonal balance was equally same on all volume setting. The on and off loudness switch was disaster in my opinion.
Yup... A switch to initiate a WiiM loudness competition curve below a set user level regardless of EQ active ... Brilliant ! ....want

Yup... A switch to initiate a WiiM loudness competition curve below a set user level regardless of EQ active ... Brilliant ! ....want
I request this feature before and the answer I got will consider future consideration. Maybe there is not so much in demand on this feature like what the balanced and rc.

I request this feature before and the answer I got will consider future consideration. Maybe there is not so much in demand on this feature like what the balanced and rc.

RC was a big one and much appreciated.

I guess it's a balance for the developers between demand, complexity of implementation, UI/User feature confusion and ultimately the hardware resources.

My guess is if we present a unique and fresh UI implementation of the variable loudness concept which as far as I'm aware is *only now feasible through software* it stands a better chance of acute consideration.

*For the user to set a volume level where the additional boost curve kicks in and maybe also a additional slider to increase or reduce intensity.

Back