A few ideas on how to further improve WiiM Remote user experience

Would be really nice to be able to program a preset to a Spotify, Tidal or Apple Music playlist.

I have a few background playlists that I’d just like to be able to switch on with one button
Similarly, in the WiiM Home app, select Tidal, then your playlist and when it displays on screen, choose the preset icon (the circled ‘1’) then choose the preset you want to save it under.

WiiM devices don’t natively support Apple Music (you can only AirPlay from your device) , so you couldn’t do it for that. But 2 out of 3 ain’t bad ;)

I would like IR control, even IR receiver will do, then use another IR remote, or supply hex/ccf code, or it shares another device code.

What would that do? There’s no intelligence there and WiiM is focussing on internet protocols to control its devices and is unlikely to devote development effort into a legacy protocol that ultimately would only be of use to a small amount of users. That’s why I suggested a hybrid/bridge solution such as the above - you’ll have more chance of that being enhanced. Anyway, we’ve been here before…

Back