Associate audio settings with preset buttons

therourke

The Ultra has a lot more inputs and outputs than other WiiM devices. It would be extremely beneficial if the remote control could be programmed to switch between them easily.

If we could apply any audio input or output to the presets, then the buttons could function to switch easily. So I could set my buttons to: Preset 1 = HDMI input, Preset 2 = Optical input, Preset 3 = USB output, Preset 4 = Line Out.

This would be extremely useful and extend the value of the remote control.

There is a reply hidden in there right at the end 😀
Sorry, my post ended up in the wrong reply section. Reposted below. In addition, another advantage for music presets specific to each users phone or tablet is that it could be used on any device without reentering.

First, I was referring to multi-user music presets (not device options such as input/output/etc). Different people in a household usually prefer different radio stations, music genres, playlists, etc. You don't have teenagers in your household, do you? ;-) So I could imagine something like presets 1-4 assigned to the device and to the remote control. Then maybe something like presets A-J which are stored in each users WiiM app on their phone or tablet. The quick select row across the top of the "Browse" tab in the app would show device presets 1-4 and user presets A-J.

I thought it was a new attack technique. 😂

Then maybe something like presets A-J which are stored in each users WiiM app on their phone or tablet. The quick select row across the top of the "Browse" tab in the app would show device presets 1-4 and user presets A-J.

I didn't realize you were talking about music presets.

Can't we substitute "Recently Played" for the per-user presets?

Since the current music presets are device-specific memory, I don't know if it is possible to assign them to each user. (I think they were user-specific in the early days...)

@Kman,
Your posting method does not allow me to quote your text in a reply. Sorry, but could you please put it below the quote, not in it? Thanks.🙂

I literally just wrote this exact feature request on a different post. I think it should be referred to as “Listening Modes” and should contain an array of Audio Settings as already described. This is the best idea on this forum by a long shot.

Last edited:
@Kman,
Your posting method does not allow me to quote your text in a reply. Sorry, but could you please put it below the quote, not in it? Thanks.🙂
I have fixed the original post, and removed multiple quotes, and fixed the remaining quote tags so it now reads correctly.

Back