Audiolab 7000a + Wiim ultra / pro

EddieMurphy

Hi guys,

Looks like audiolab 7000a and Wiim ultra has the same Dac ES9038Q2M.

What is the best way to connect Wiim ultra to the amp for better quality ?

Should I get pro or ultra ? For me looks like main difference between pro and ultra will be screen , because dac in my audiolab is the same as in ultra and I can use it.
And if I am right , so how I can connect amp to Wiim pro for the best sound quality?

Hi guys,

Looks like audiolab 7000a and Wiim ultra has the same Dac ES9038Q2M.

What is the best way to connect Wiim ultra to the amp for better quality ?

Should I get pro or ultra ? For me looks like main difference between pro and ultra will be screen , because dac in my audiolab is the same as in ultra and I can use it.
And if I am right , so how I can connect amp to Wiim pro for the best sound quality?
Hi, I'm running a Pro+ into an Audiolab 7000A and have it connected via Optical and RCA so with the Amp's DAC and with the Wiim’s DAC respectively. I find it very hard, with my aging ears, to distinguish any difference between the two. If you don't need the screen or other inputs/outputs of the Ultra then the Pro fed into the Amp via Optical or Coax would give you equally good sound quality IMHO.

Ultra has benefit of

ARC input
Screen
USB out/HD support
Internal PSU not needing a USB charger.
Metal body
Comes with remote

But
Pro is cheaper - by a lot if you just get the Pro, you could buy three Pros for the price of one Ultra
Has airplay support

Hi, I'm running a Pro+ into an Audiolab 7000A and have it connected via Optical and RCA so with the Amp's DAC and with the Wiim’s DAC respectively. I find it very hard, with my aging ears, to distinguish any difference between the two. If you don't need the screen or other inputs/outputs of the Ultra then the Pro fed into the Amp via Optical or Coax would give you equally good sound quality IMHO.
Thanks !
So optical connection - amp dac
RCA or coaxial connection - Wiim dac ?
Ultra has benefit of

ARC input
Screen
USB out/HD support
Internal PSU not needing a USB charger.
Metal body
Comes with remote

But
Pro is cheaper - by a lot if you just get the Pro, you could buy three Pros for the price of one Ultra
Has airplay support
Thanks!
Does room correction feature work for both?

Back