Beta Test: Room Correction for Android

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Hi WiiM Community,

For our Android users who are interested in beta testing Room Correction. Please fill out the form below. You must own a WiiM Pro, WiiM Pro Plus, WiiM Amp or WiiM Ultra. Room Correction isn't available on WiiM Mini.

2024-07-28 Update:

Please download the second beta app for Android Room Correction via this link: https://dln.bz/a/muzohome/2.10.7.20240726.1519

Bug Fixes:
  1. Room Correction Settings: Fixed an issue where adjustments to Frequency Range, Gain, and Target Curve were not applied correctly.
  2. External Microphone Name: Corrected the display of external microphone names on certain Android phones.

Please Note: Due to the wide variety of Android phone models, it is challenging to assess the performance of each device's microphone. To ensure accurate measurements during Room Correction, we recommend using an external microphone.

If you encounter any issues or have any feedback, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Happy testing!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
I’ve run out of devices to put beta firmware on - my Amp has usb out, the Pro Samba, the Pro Plus DLNA Cast and I’m waiting on the Ultra’s USB Out as I’d prefer to use that over the Amp. Once I get the last one, I’ll probably submit my Amp for this Android RC beta…

With all the variations in Android device microphones, this will be interesting to see how it pans out.

With all the variations in Android device microphones, this will be interesting to see how it pans out.
This is why they did iOS first knowing the mic is consistent from previous generation to now.

This is why they did iOS first knowing the mic is consistent from previous generation to now.
Exactly. I don't think Sonos has attempted an Android version, even after years of an iOS version.

Will be amusing if WiiM requires the purchase of an external mic for Android. I can hear the whining already, lol.

I'll sign up as soon as I'm back home tomorrow :)

Will this use the phone built-in mic (pixel 8 pro in my case) or external (I have an IMM6 with some random/unbranded USB jack adaptor) ?

After all this time you would think I would be over the moon to see this but I would rather have seen the much promised per channel EQ. At least combine the features in a single beta.

Were you using ethernet or WiFi though. The default device name uses part of the WiFi MAC address. Maybe you can use either.
No idea, we use ethernet for the WiiMs and as I am still part of the company's intranet my deeper view is restricted. But the method I wrote worked. And thats exactly another point where I say: I do not care why, it has to work 😉

No idea, we use ethernet for the WiiMs and as I am still part of the company's intranet my deeper view is restricted. But the method I wrote worked. And thats exactly another point where I say: I do not care why, it has to work 😉
Seems the MAC address listed in Device Info is always the WiFi MAC address.

Back