Beta Test: Room Correction for Individual Channels

It’s in beta stage so it’s algorithm will changes before public release.
Hmm we will see. If I do it manually I get similar results because I don't know the correct method to successfully achieve room correction by measuring individual channels.

Thanks for sharing! There must be clearly an error in L/R as there is no correlation between curve and written value.
E.g. it shows +12dB at 41Hz in the curve but +1.5 dB in the table.
In stereo they do correlate.
It does show +8.6dB at 43Hz though. Still doesn't quite add up.

What I don't understand is the 15dB dip between 50 and 100Hz with the individual channels measurements. The Subwoofer crossover is set to 85Hz.
This is a silly question, is there test audio coming from the sub when measuring individual channels?

This is a silly question, is there test audio coming from the sub when measuring individual channels?
It's not a stupid question, I thought exactly the same. I could feel the speaker moving but whether it was moving as much as it should I am not sure. It didn't sound as though it was.
I sent feedback and WiiM say they saw something in the logs so let's see what happens next.

After I changed the sub crossover I seemed to get more sensible results. Results also seem better if EQ is manually turned off before performing the Room Correction. This is with 80Hz sub crossover and 40-4000Hz correction range.
Screenshot_20240912-225657.png
Screenshot_20240912-225738.png

Hi to all
I'm not signed up for the Beta Test for the per-channel EQ, but I'd like to give my opinion. I tried to do the per-channel EQ before the Beta was even mentioned.
How? Easy:
1) All balance on the left, measurement, curve saved as Auto L
2) Same procedure with the right channel, saved as Auto R
Listening using not Stereo, but L+R
Here, in my opinion, is the result of the test compared to the Stereo EQ.
In the Stereo RC the bass becomes too cut
In the RC per channel, with my method, the bass is not cut. It is very similar to listening without RC, but it has gained definition.
The quantity or presence of bass, as I said, is very similar to the uncorrected sound, but it has become less boomy. The bass has solidified, it is more solid and incisive without any boomy effect.
This is not however, always in my opinion, the only benefit. All the notes and instruments have gained clarity and perceptibility. For example, the cymbals, especially when struck with brushes, are more perceptible.
They stand out clearly and are not mixed up or overwhelmed by the other instruments without becoming too present or sparkling.
Channel separation and soundstage, width and depth, also benefited.
If I remember correctly, @Wiimer too tried my method and came to the same conclusion as me.
I'm curious and eager to try, when it's final, the per-channel RC that WiiM will implement to see if there will be any differences.

Hi to all
I'm not signed up for the Beta Test for the per-channel EQ, but I'd like to give my opinion. I tried to do the per-channel EQ before the Beta was even mentioned.
How? Easy:
In the RC per channel, with my method, the bass is not cut. It is very similar to listening without RC, but it has gained definition.
The quantity or presence of bass, as I said, is very similar to the uncorrected sound, but it has become less boomy. The bass has solidified, it is more solid and incisive without any boomy effect.
This is not however, always in my opinion, the only benefit. All the notes and instruments have gained clarity and perceptibility. For example, the cymbals, especially when struck with brushes, are more perceptible.
They stand out clearly and are not mixed up or overwhelmed by the other instruments without becoming too present or sparkling.
If I remember correctly, @Wiimer too tried my method and came to the same conclusion as me.
I'm curious and eager to try, when it's final, the per-channel RC that WiiM will implement to see if there will be any differences.
You would be an ideal person to try the beta. Go on you know you want to. It is easy to return to official firmware. 😀

What should be done with subwoofer if I use it? Left / right should be done together with sub?

Hi to all
How? Easy:
Thank you for your work 🙂 I have a question, do you use target curve?

Back