Beta Test: Room Correction for Individual Channels

Of course you are right. But you know what I mean. Flat is as if there was no target curve. I am asking about B&K or Harman. Such "scientific" discussions about words turn a precise thread into a garbage dump.

Yes sure - but there is no L/R here. So how can the most important sonic issues in the room - base modes - be better cured with independent channel RC if the sub out is not stereo?
Maybe three sweeps with one for the sub would be better.

Of course you are right. But you know what I mean. Flat is as if there was no target curve. I am asking about B&K or Harman. Such "scientific" discussions about words turn a precise thread into a garbage dump.
Sorry, but no.

It's lazy, unclear and ambiguous questions turning threads into a garbage dump. If you had put as.much thought and effort onto your question as I did with my answer that would have been helpful.

"Flat" is very much a target curve, because a flat response is not what you get when you put a speaker in a real room that measurea flat in an anechoic environment. Even ignoring first order room modes the resulting FR is not flat. And it's absolutely debatable if "Flat" is a desirable target curve or not.

As to your original question: @Maurizio created a thread dealing explaining his approach in full detail.

This explains why the question of target curves available in the WiiM Home RC doesn't really apply.

Sorry, but no.

It's lazy, unclear and ambiguous questions turning threads into a garbage dump. If you had put as.much thought and effort onto your question as I did with my answer that would have been helpful.

"Flat" is very much a target curve, because a flat response is not what you get when you put a speaker in a real room that measurea flat in an anechoic environment. Even ignoring first order room modes the resulting FR is not flat. And it's absolutely debatable if "Flat" is a desirable target curve or not.

As to your original question: @Maurizio created a thread dealing explaining his approach in full detail.

This explains why the question of target curves available in the WiiM Home RC doesn't really apply.
Ok, I admit you're right. I can admit when I'm wrong. If I offended you, I apologize. Maybe if you had written one sentence earlier and explained a little more, I wouldn't have written this. My reaction is caused by the fact that on every forum I'm on, there are always people who don't help or explain anything. They only strengthen their ego, criticize others for every word for fun. That's why I could have reacted too quickly when I was having a bad day. No offense, peace 🙂👍🏼

Does anyone know if RC for individual channels functionality takes into account the relative output level of L&R speakers and adjust EQ to make sure they are leveled at MIC position ? That's the only benefit I can think of compared to making left and right balance trick with th existing stereo RC functionality.

Does anyone know if RC for individual channels functionality takes into account the relative output level of L&R speakers and adjust EQ to make sure they are leveled at MIC position
Yes, that's the whole point. You get different PEQ settings for the left and the right speaker.

If e.g. one speaker is closer to a corner than the other then it will get more room gain than the other. Per channel RC takes care of that

This looks odd. Why would the right channel be boosted at low frequency but not the left channel when the measured response of both is exactly the same.
Screenshot_20240917-224200.png

This looks odd. Why would the right channel be boosted at low frequency but not the left channel when the measured response of both is exactly the same.
View attachment 11843

Have you run several RCs in a row?

In my experience, running RC in a row has sometimes produced erratic results. For this reason I reboot the app after each one.

Have you run several RCs in a row?

In my experience, running RC in a row has sometimes produced erratic results. For this reason I reboot the app after each one.
Maybe. I think I get better results if I manually turn EQ off before measuring. Not sure what happened this time. The measured results look OK but the correction looks wrong. Luckily you can play around until you get results that look right.

Back