Feature request: volume control with number showing

Wiimaster

It would be very user friendly if the volume control would have plus and minus buttons for changing volume from 0 up to 100.
The current slider to control volume output is somewhat of a hassle to use.
Just tried to lower the volume in my Wiim from 3 to 2, always ended up in 0. :LOL:

I find the included example very intuitive and reminds me of an analog volume knob we all know, the example is the volume control in rAudio.
Also changing volume just the least amount, meaning +1 or -1 is way easier with a plus and minus than with a slider on a touchscreen.

plus to add volume.
minus to decrease volume.
middle button to mute
blue button to slide

2024-09-02_09-09.png

Last edited:
The feature requested in the title has already been implemented. :)

It's different from what's requested in the description, though. There have been other requests in the past for a better volume control GUI and I agree that there's room for improvement. However, if your are really mostly dealing with volume settings in the range between 0 and 3, there might be other ways to get you into a more usable range, depending on the actual WiiM device and setup.

It would be very user friendly if the volume control would have plus and minus buttons for changing volume from 0 up to 100.
The current slider to control volume output is somewhat of a hassle to use.
Just tried to lower the volume in my Wiim from 3 to 2, always ended up in 0. :LOL:

I find the included example very intuitive and reminds me of an analog volume knob we all know, the example is the volume control in rAudio.
Also changing volume just the least amount, meaning +1 or -1 is way easier with a plus and minus than with a slider on a touchscreen.

plus to add volume.
minus to decrease volume.
middle button to mute
blue button to slide

2024-07-05_19-59
I agree. Sliders are over reactive and depending upon the situation one can get too loud quickly by accident.

Having the option when clicking on the VOLUME # would be perfect. Pop up a nice GUI like the one you provided. Slider and or +/-.

Great thinking how to make WiiM even better. They seem to love getting ideas and implementing them.

Jeff

Have you noticed wiim hasn’t said anything on the tread to get us all exited?

I did notice in the last update that clicking the volume number increases it by three volume steps. That's better, in my opinion compared to trying to do the slider.

One small step for mankind...
Thanks WiiM it's a start.

Jeff

I did notice in the last update that clicking the volume number increases it by three volume steps. That's better, in my opinion compared to trying to do the slider.

Jeff
For some like myself the incremental of 1 is better because of high gain amp. Controlling a mono block of 450 watt per speaker can be dangerous if over click could damage a speakers.

I did notice in the last update that clicking the volume number increases it by three volume steps.
Half way through. :LOL:

Thanks for pointing this out, I hadn't noticed this.

PS:
Still only two summed upvotes for this request. Many seem to not like the idea.

Jeff

The entire slide bar responds to taps. Tap the left side to decrease the volume by 3 and tap the right side to increase it by 3, based on the current volume.🙂

for WiiM Amp they could implement the same control used for the Volume Balance control:

IMG_2585.PNG

Last edited:
The entire slide bar responds to taps. Tap the left side to decrease the volume by 3 and tap the right side to increase it by 3, based on the current volume.🙂
I look like an idiot now, because I never knew that. :LOL: I always expected it to work like the unfortunate pre-gain slider does ...

I look like an idiot now, because I never knew that. :LOL: I always expected it to work like the unfortunate pre-gain slider does ...
To be honest, I noticed it while playing with the slide bar after seeing @Zphvrq's post. So don't worry. I am just like you.

Sorry, I wanted to act like a know-it-all.😂

I have made a similar request before and now it has almost been fulfilled.

In search of perfection, it would be nice if the user could freely set the volume adjustment units. (The value set on the WHA also applies to the remote.) 😄

With the WiiM Home App v2.11.4 Update - Sep 2, 2024, the volume adjustment units are now in steps of one (instead of the old three), nice.

I think that about once every 10 times, the Android version should come first.😭😂

Hi,

Based on your discussion, we plan to introduce the following improvements to our app:
  1. You can now easily adjust the volume slider to any level within the range of 0 to 100.
  2. The volume slider will now increment by 1 unit per tap, instead of 3.
  3. Tapping the volume number next to the slider will bring up a Volume GUI, allowing you to adjust the volume using the slider or the +/- buttons.
We aim to implement and release improvements #1 and #2 in an app update this week or next week. As for #3, our team is currently evaluating the best approach for implementation, so stay tuned for further updates!

Warm Regards,
WiiM Support

Hi,

Based on your discussion, we plan to introduce the following improvements to our app:
  1. You can now easily adjust the volume slider to any level within the range of 0 to 100.
  2. The volume slider will now increment by 1 unit per tap, instead of 3.
  3. Tapping the volume number next to the slider will bring up a Volume GUI, allowing you to adjust the volume using the slider or the +/- buttons.
We aim to implement and release improvements #1 and #2 in an app update this week or next week. As for #3, our team is currently evaluating the best approach for implementation, so stay tuned for further updates!

Warm Regards,
WiiM Support
Will these changes for volume apply to the remote control as well?
As in one tap on remote = 1 up on volume not 3?

Back