HDMI issue resolved and positive support experience

gecko666

Just wanted to share my experience with the support team at Wiim.

I purchased an Ultra specifically to use with my TV via HDMI Arc. Unfortunately it never worked for me, the connection would be established, I could see the volume change on the Ultra’s display but never could get any sound to output to my speakers. All the other types of connections worked of course. I looked into it and found that some other users also had issues with HDMI Arc working and I tried all the suggestions available such as rebooting the TV and the Ultra, using different cables (tried a few different ones) to no effect.

I then opened up a ticket to report the issue and was asked to provide the model for my TV. It is an older Samsung TV with Arc but no eArc from around 2017-2018. I didn’t hear back for while but after about 3 weeks they reached out to me asking for my shipping address to ship a reworked (not sure if hardware or software) unit to me. I got the unit very promptly and it did indeed worked without any issue.

Overall the support experience was excellent, the product quality is great as well now that everything is working. I highly recommend anyone still having issues with their unit to get in touch with the company. Moving forward I will not hesitate to purchase more products from the company.

Back