High temp after update

After two hours playing in an ambient of 19C (summer ?🤣) I have CPU temp 43C and tmp102 temp 46C. Volume level 42% but with replaygain.

So support again remotely revert firmware to older version and WOW everything is ok. Off amp is cold and at 30-40% power barelly warm on some spots.

So support again remotely revert firmware to older version and WOW everything is ok. Off amp is cold and at 30-40% power barelly warm on some spots.
It's still unclear to me what "hot" means in your case.

The latest firmware update aimed at reducing power consumption in idle mode, not increasing power consumption when in use. ;) I'm sure that WiiM will be looking further into your issue (which others do not observe).

Also note that 30 to 40 % settinng on the the volume control doesn't meand 30 to 40 % power output.

Could you provide some more detail about your setup?

Connection HDMI ARC with Sony TV. Bookshelf speakers Polk Audio Signature S20E. 30-40% i mean volume on TV. Amp after update was really hot, all amp surface, not just few spots. Not hot as burn you, but really hot.

My Amp also seemed to be a little hotter than before, so I checked it out.

"temperature_cpu": "52", "temperature_tmp102": "55"

Is this how it is?

Honestly lads, those temps for CPUs are not very high at all. Granted they may be higher since before the software updates. But they are nowhere near the temps required to cause damage to the SoC imo.

Back