I cannot set up my Ultra as a second Amazon Alexa device

Kman

I have my WiiM Pro set up as an Alexa device and it works fine. I now have a WiiM Ultra as an additional device on the same network but I cannot find a way to set it up as an Alexa device. In the Alexa app the Pro is displayed under its device name, but when I select "+" to add a device the Alexa app cannot find the Ultra.

How can I set up multiple WiiM streamers for use with Alexa?

Have you enabled Alexa in the WiiM app when you setup the ultra?
I checked and my ultra is displayed in the Alexa app but I didn’t add it in the Alexa application

I have my WiiM Pro set up as an Alexa device and it works fine. I now have a WiiM Ultra as an additional device on the same network but I cannot find a way to set it up as an Alexa device. In the Alexa app the Pro is displayed under its device name, but when I select "+" to add a device the Alexa app cannot find the Ultra.

How can I set up multiple WiiM streamers for use with Alexa?
Have you logged into the Alexa app on Ultra?

Wiim app > devices
After tapping on the Ultra device card, go to the Browse menu and tap on the Alexa app.

Devices are pretty much independent of each other in the WiiM home app, they all need to be signed in individually under their own settings in the WiiM Home app. So even while you may have linked Alexa to the Pro, you need to redo that for the Ultra. As WiiM devices are not echos, you can’t use the Alexa app to add them.

Devices are pretty much independent of each other in the WiiM home app, they all need to be signed in individually under their own settings in the WiiM Home app. So even while you may have linked Alexa to the Pro, you need to redo that for the Ultra. As WiiM devices are not echos, you can’t use the Alexa app to add them.
My Ultra is set up as "Desktop". When I go to "Desktop > Settings > Alexa" my only option is language. There's place to sign in the Ultra as an Alexa device from the WiiM app and the Ultra is not available as a device in the Alexa app.

See the sequence in screenshots below.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 0
Ok, thanks. Can you confirm that on the Devices page in the Alexa app, if you select the “echo&Alexa” filter, the Ultra doesn’t appear as “Desktop” or any other name? Is the Alexa app running on a device that has access to the network used by the Ultra in the WiiM Home app?

If you still don’t have any joy, I’d first sign the Ultra out of Alexa in the WiiM home app, reboot (power cycle) the Ultra and log in to Alexa again and see if that forces it to appear in the Alexa app on the devices page.

If still no result, then factory reset the Ultra and again sign it in to Alexa.

If all that fails, then please raise a ticket to WiiM via the settings/feedback section in the WiiM home app.

(Edit: just to repeat myself, WiiM devices aren’t added to Alexa using the Alexa app as your opening post suggests you were trying)

Also, if you first select your Ultra on the WiiM app devices page, then switch to the Browse page and select Amazon Alexa, does it say “enabled” and then show a full Alexa page with some text and an option to sign out?

Back