Its arrived...(UK)

Its mostly a matter of available space, I understand such constructs well. But I often found that calling speakers like this nice B&Ws "bookshelf speakers" is misleading. They already have a size which asks for at least 70 cm (more is always better of course) distance to every wall. They need air and belong on stands, otherwise lots of potential is lost. And direct at the walls is the worst one can do.
I have absolutely no experience with such a narrow stereo set, but am sure others will know more appropriate devices. But, if the owner is ok and satisfied all is fine.
Indeed. It is the close proximity to the turntable that is the bigger problem. Any kind of low frequency volume is going to transmit straight to the cartridge and feedback. It is a nice combination of kit.

Yes, yes I know. It’s the best I can manage in the space I have ‘allocated’ in the house for my stuff.

I would love to get my speakers back onto the dreadnought speaker stands currently in a storage cupboard, and my turntable on a floating sprung shelf or suchlike.

But there’s nowhere else for it all to breath - unless I put my setup in the middle of my small office room and listen from another room 😀

This is as good as it’s currently going to get I’m afraid and I’m okay with that.

Yes, yes I know. It’s the best I can manage in the space I have ‘allocated’ in the house for my stuff.

I would love to get my speakers back onto the dreadnought speaker stands currently in a storage cupboard, and my turntable on a floating sprung shelf or suchlike.

But there’s nowhere else for it all to breath - unless I put my setup in the middle of my small office room and listen from another room 😀

This is as good as it’s currently going to get I’m afraid and I’m okay with that.
I thought that must be the case. You could put a mat of some kind under the Turntable to absorb some of the resonance. Even something like this would improve the situation - https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/skrutt...qr8TKCQU9CbhbQ7MZ4caAjCvEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I thought that must be the case. You could put a mat of some kind under the Turntable to absorb some of the resonance. Even something like this would improve the situation - https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/skrutt...qr8TKCQU9CbhbQ7MZ4caAjCvEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Great shout 👍🏼 I’m also going to see if there’s any way I can squeeze in my stands. It’s an odd shaped loft room so very tricky to move into a suitable place and find a decent listening position, but you never know.

…and when the kids move out I’m planning to commandeer one of their rooms for my listening pleasure 😆

Tidal are doing a 30 day free trial with and extra 30 days for £2, so figured I'd sign up. A little more laggy than Spotify on the Ultra, and the app is not hugely intuitive yet, but....that sample rate makes a world of difference (even on my compromised speaker setup ;) )

Back