Lineair power supply

seriously ?
I will have rather made the effort towards a wiim pro ... just to sell the mini ...
Sorry
(it's a joke?)

even with the ifi ipower X supply ... the mini will be below the pro in analog as in digital ...
even with just a modest transformer with pro...
(I thought that the purpose here of onlyoneme as well as his thread on mini-pro measures was clear..)
(badly expressed..
I'm talking about being able to resell the mini)
(the ipower X is more expensive that mini... more of 100 euro in my country wiim pro 170)
end for me
;-)

Last edited:
even with the ifi ipower X supply ... the mini will be below the pro in analog as in digital ...
even with just a modest transformer with pro...
(I thought that the purpose here of onlyoneme as well as his thread on mini-pro measures was clear..)
(badly expressed..
I'm talking about being able to resell the mini)
(the ipower X is more expensive that mini... more of 100 euro in my country wiim pro 170)
end for me
;-)
Did you see that in this thread from the graph? Because of the spikes of idle mini compared to the pro? Are you referring also to a separate thread?

The seller today informed me that ifi was out of stock and will be for at least 20 days. Therefore I cancelled the order. My system is roksan attessa integrated, wiim mini optical out fed by an apple charger 5v a1400 and a belkin braided usb a to usb c cable, supra 2.5 spc power cable, audioquest pearl optical, elac carina bs243.4 speakers. and supra ply 3.4s ( I have not connected the extra screen, therefore they are effectively supra 3.4 without s). I use an emos 4way surge protection power strip. What is my weak link? The streamer?

The seller today informed me that ifi was out of stock and will be for at least 20 days. Therefore I cancelled the order. My system is roksan attessa integrated, wiim mini optical out fed by an apple charger 5v a1400 and a belkin braided usb a to usb c cable, supra 2.5 spc power cable, audioquest pearl optical, elac carina bs243.4 speakers. and supra ply 3.4s ( I have not connected the extra screen, therefore they are effectively supra 3.4 without s). I use an emos 4way surge protection power strip. What is my weak link? The streamer?
What is the problem?

I do not see any weak link. The Carinas are of my favorite bookshelves. The Roksan is a well respected integrated. Never change a winning team! And, yes sorry in that forum, the Mini for me is the weakest part.

Even the most expensive system will have a "weak" link, latest after a few "weeks" 😉
My wife calls this disease Upgradeditis. The pure desire for something new. Keeps the industry running. Win - win!

So I don't get it. If there is no problem, what are you trying to fight with?
Well ok I understand your logic. But if I can extract even more resolution, even better timbre, even blacker backgrounds, even tighter bass with some tweaks and without over spending why not do it?

Even the most expensive system will have a "weak" link, latest after a few "weeks" 😉
My wife calls this disease Upgradeditis. The pure desire for something new. Keeps the industry running. Win - win!
I want to avoid that! I am seeking for tweaks mainly...

Well ok I understand your logic. But if I can extract even more resolution, even better timbre, even blacker backgrounds, even tighter bass with some tweaks and without over spending why not do it?
But you do not feel you lack anything as you said there is no problem. If you are looking for something new which could make your impressions better, the only way is to borrow and test something, as the result is going to be very subjective. What about the room acoustic, is it polished?
Find someone who can do some measurements of your system and you will get objective information regarding the room of improvements.

Back