Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

There was a lot of talk about the Wiim Ultra months ago. Unfortunately it seems like a ghost product that still is not in store. By now I have spent my money on something else. My advice do not present a product you are not able to make.
Some times new product releases are delayed. I'd rather see WiiM delay the release and get everything working correctly. I've seen many delays like this over the years with components I was interested in. What did you buy?

There was a lot of talk about the Wiim Ultra months ago. Unfortunately it seems like a ghost product that still is not in store. By now I have spent my money on something else. My advice do not present a product you are not able to make.
If by months ago you mean 2 months then that's true. They also announced it would be available in Q3. As far as I know Q3 has only just begun.

If by months ago you mean 2 months then that's true. They also announced it would be available in Q3. As far as I know Q3 has only just begun.
Good point. If the Ultra is out by September 30 WiiM will have met their announced schedule. Note the only people offering an earlier date are Crutchfield and Amazon. They are not the manufacturer.

If their automated factory can produce ultra by the hundreds by the hour, they will meet the demand in time of release.

Some times new product releases are delayed. I'd rather see WiiM delay the release and get everything working correctly. I've seen many delays like this over the years with components I was interested in. What did you buy?
I will buy a WiiM ultra , but not the first batch. WiiM did modify the pro + in the second batch , making it measure slightly better . Maybe they dont want to repeat that with the WiiM ultra ?

The 10 PEQ ability makes any other streamer than WiiM an non - alternativ

I will buy a WiiM ultra , but not the first batch. WiiM did modify the pro + in the second batch , making it measure slightly better . Maybe they dont want to repeat that with the WiiM ultra ?

The 10 PEQ ability makes any other streamer than WiiM an non - alternativ
I will be doing the same. I'd like to see some user reviews before buying. Also to see if the Ultra goes on sale at say $299.

I haven't followed WiiM pricing that closely. But I've never seen WiiM raise the price of any of their products once they were released.
Lets hope youre right.
Nearest competition is eversolo a6 and bluesound for double the price . But they dont have PEQ so they will not sound as good in listening sessions .

Back