Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

I will be doing the same. I'd like to see some user reviews before buying. Also to see if the Ultra goes on sale at say $299.
Very unlikely. Don’t you think it’s worth $329? You obviously missed the thread where WiiM polled what price users would be willing to pay, then undercut the lowest.

I wonder If the Ultra has Opa1612 or lm4562 instead of ne5532 at the analog stage ?

…and is there a stereo highpass dsp crossover for the main speakers ? It would be great if there is.

Last edited:
That limited edition will actually be 18k Platinum, and retail for $379. This will be a platinum plated enclosure, solid platinum wasn't feasible. It will of course have balanced outputs on XLR.
Here we go again, unnecessary secret cost cutting on the backs of their loyal self-declared wannabe customers! :mad:

Only cheap chinese platinum again instead of Californian gold!
IMG_20240706_185103.jpg
Prices are shown in U.S. dollars per troy ounce.

The only way they might get away with this is if the case is made from platinum plated solid gold.

And those output jacks should self-adjust to either XLR, TRS or RCA, depending on what connector's proximity is detected. And RCA should be truly balanced like someotherbrand will have it very shortly.

At least they must release a firmware update prior.to releasing the device that will make this possible.

And I hope they care of this, at least in similar quality. Fuses are criminally underrated by a-philes and could be the USP what will WiiM make the destroyer of all the in warehouses dust covering expensive devices 😂

IMG_3979.jpeg

Very unlikely. Don’t you think it’s worth $329? You obviously missed the thread where WiiM polled what price users would be willing to pay, then undercut the lowest.
I think at $329 it is an excellent price for the Ultra. In that poll I picked a higher price than $329 although I do not recall the exact choice. I'm not in a huge rush to get the Ultra as I have a Mini, Pro and Eversolo DMP-A6. The Ultra would replace the Mini in a bedroom system. If it stays at $329 and doesn't go on sale that's fine.

Today my Crutchfield Order for the Ultra shows shipping August 12 (so arrival 15th August)
Amazon order on the other hand has improved - now arriving July 16th.
Whoever ships early gets my business and the other cancellation

Lets hope youre right.
Nearest competition is eversolo a6 and bluesound for double the price . But they dont have PEQ so they will not sound as good in listening sessions .
Eversolo does have PEQ they added it in an update. Blusound is adding Dirac to the Nodes but it has a basic peq already. Whether that is newer models or older ones getting Dirac only time will tell. I assume the latter is a result of Wiim adding RC and making the Node seem very uncompetitive.

Last edited:
Today my Crutchfield Order for the Ultra shows shipping August 12 (so arrival 15th August)
Amazon order on the other hand has improved - now arriving July 16th.
Whoever ships early gets my business and the other cancellation
F Amazon. Stay with Crutchfield. Are you in that much of a hurry?!

Back