Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

I have no idea where the defect is, but it’s a defect. Is it possible that the TV just passes the digital signal from a broadcast through? It seems me that at some point the TV has to process the signal and extract the audio and video. My LG has about half a dozen modes for audio out, but they are disabled when you select optical only.
If the TV is outputting anything other than Stereo PCM, the DAC will not decode it. Some TVs may pass Dolby Digital through. There will usually be an option to switch to PCM only, if the TV doesn't have the option, try changing the output of your source.
Also, try the DPLL settings (if it has them) on your DX7 Pro.

From LG:

Optical
You can connect an audio device that supports Optical to the optical digital audio output port to enjoy your TV’s sound in richer quality and greater convenience.
Only available for models with an optical digital port.
For some devices, you can adjust the volume using the TV remote control.
You can set Digital Sound Out (Auto / Pass Through / PCM) and LG Sound Sync (On / Off).
I didn’t see these options on my TV.

Which TV are you using?
Nevermind. I found the setting screen. It is incredibly hard to find, But I think it will fix the OPs problem.

I don’t generally use the LG remote. I hate it with a white hot passion. I have a Roku Ultra. My old TV died, I replaced it with the LG, and thankfully only had to use the LG remote to select the ROKU.

Let's maybe stick to the subject of the WiiM Ultra :)

Safe to say, when connected to the TV with HDMI, there's some 2-way communication happening. It'll report exactly which codecs & number of channels is supported.

Let's maybe stick to the subject of the WiiM Ultra :)

Safe to say, when connected to the TV with HDMI, there's some 2-way communication happening. It'll report exactly which codecs & number of channels is supported.
Does the Wiim Amp report this currently when using the Arc input?

This is a presentation event in Korea (South Presumably :p) Filmed by some people who were there.

Last edited:
If the TV is outputting anything other than Stereo PCM, the DAC will not decode it. Some TVs may pass Dolby Digital through. There will usually be an option to switch to PCM only, if the TV doesn't have the option, try changing the output of your source.
Also, try the DPLL settings (if it has them) on your DX7 Pro.
There is no DPLL settings

The WiiM Ultra should be able to handle Dolby Digital, as far as I understand this should include HDMI.

A better place for troubleshooting WiiM Amp issues with the Community would be here:

But what about setting the TV to PCM.
I'm sorry, but didn't I tell you guys that all the settings are correct two times already? :) However, thanks for reminding me the options. If I had something different from PCM, I would hear nothing.

Someone previously said something about some audiophile people requirements from small companies. If I understood you correctly, what you said is ridicules. First, I didn't have a chance to test this connection to TV and later couldn't return my DAC anymore. I also bought this DX7 Pro at that time at a very, very bargain price. I have nothing to do with audiophiles, although it doesn't offend me at all.

As for the equipment requirements for a small business. The requirement that the optical connection works with the TV standard channels without issues is not a high requirement, and it should probably be obvious. I mention this because it makes me wonder if anyone has ever had any problems with it, with any Wiim's

I'm sorry, but didn't I tell you guys that all the settings are correct two times already? :) However, thanks for reminding me the options. If I had something different from PCM, I would hear nothing.

Someone previously said something about some audiophile people requirements from small companies. If I understood you correctly, what you said is ridicules. First, I didn't have a chance to test this connection to TV and later couldn't return my DAC anymore. I also bought this DX7 Pro at that time at a very, very bargain price. I have nothing to do with audiophiles, although it doesn't offend me at all.

As for the equipment requirements for a small business. The requirement that the optical connection works with the TV standard channels without issues is not a high requirement, and it should probably be obvious. I mention this because it makes me wonder if anyone has ever had any problems with it, with any Wiim's
If all settings are correct and you also tried out everything else, how should anybody be able to help you? ;)

What makes you think that your current Topping device cannot handle jitter caused by your TV?

Toslink and HDMI ARC are very different animals. In particular, HDMI ARC is a rather poorly defined standard. As a result there are all kinds of compatibility issues even with high end equipment. Things seem to get better ever so slowly, and as far as I can tell from my very limited experience, WiiM has been doing rather well with their Amp and I assume that the Ultra and Amp Pro will do just as well.

There's absolutely no reason to believe that the optical input of the WiiM Ultra should not be a stellar performer.

If all settings are correct and you also tried out everything else, how should anybody be able to help you?
Am I asking for any help?

What makes you think that your current Topping device cannot handle jitter caused by your TV?
Topping says that.

Toslink and HDMI ARC are very different animals
It's about Toslink in all the cases

There's absolutely no reason to believe that the optical input of the WiiM Ultra should not be a stellar performer.
Great to hear that, no further questions from my side. Thank you

Once you obtained your WiiM Ultra, further questions can surely be discussed in this friendly forum. You might even end up trying HDMI.

Waiting is also a form of torture haha ;) With what are you going to pair the Ultra?
The rest of the setup as shown in my signature, without the DAC as well. Eventually I'd like to try without the preamp (Rotel RC-06) and connect the Ultra to my poweramp directly. I've already tested it to work well with the 12v output of the Pro so that way I'd be able to control power automatically. The preamp doesn't have a 12v input unfortunately. I'm pretty curious about those Fosi monoblocks though.

The rest of the setup as shown in my signature, without the DAC as well. Eventually I'd like to try without the preamp (Rotel RC-06) and connect the Ultra to my poweramp directly. I've already tested it to work well with the 12v output of the Pro so that way I'd be able to control power automatically. The preamp doesn't have a 12v input unfortunately. I'm pretty curious about those Fosi monoblocks though.
Ah nice. I see you have upgraded the crossover of your Wharfedale speakers? Did it improve the SQ?

Back