Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems to be part of the pre-series batch provided, for a while , to certain reviewers etc...

About me: not an audiophile nor do I have golden ears.
My system is very basic: Klipsch "The Nines"
What do your silver ears have to say about The Nines? ;) (+ the overall experience)
I could see myself switch to those at some point.

So, does it show metadata updates, eg. Radio Paradise track changes?
Hi, I first tried the interactive mellow mix from LMS and didn’t get artwork on the screen, but on checking LMS it didn’t either - must be a glitch with that stream. Switched to the main mix and what LMS showed in terms of artwork and track info was shown on the screen, but that threw up a bug in the iOS app which still had no artwork so I’ve submitted a ticket for that. So basically the screen is performing better than the iOS app ;)

Last edited:
Another - any stutter on bt transmit (which plagued the Wiim Pro)?
Not a function I’d normally use, but I hooked up a small BT speaker I had lying around (Veho MR-7) and am playing Greatest Hits Radio for my usual morning dose of Popmaster and Ken Bruce ;) via LMS to the Ultra and then the speaker. All going swimmingly so far with no hiccups

Looking forward to the USB Audio out beta firmware for the Ultra - it’s been working well on the Amp and even I think it sounds “better” but couldn’t quantify it beyond that

Looking forward to the USB Audio out beta firmware for the Ultra - it’s been working well on the Amp and even I think it sounds “better” but couldn’t quantify it beyond that
ah... subjective! ..interesting ;-)

What do your silver ears have to say about The Nines? ;) (+ the overall experience)
I could see myself switch to those at some point.
As a Linton user I would advice to keep them. I guess the next step up would be the Mofi 888.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back