Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us know what pcb version. If I remember correctly, amp had up to ver 5 to correct pop noise from sub.
I think it's better to stop fixating on the PCB versions etc. This is a completely new product so the revision of the Ultra board won't have anything to do with that of the Amp or Pro (Plus). We don't know anything about the development cycle this went through and how many revisions were made before the design was finalised.

Surely they'll have learned from previous mistakes and implemented the improvements in the Ultra. As with any new product, the Ultra might have new bugs unique to it, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt ;)

When I purchase amp back in days which was ver 1, I had issue on sub noise that no firmware can fix it. I had it exchange and got ver 5. No issue on V5. I may have to wait and observe the forum if anything materialize before placing an order.

Base model for room correction

Australia $1499
UK £ 799
US $799

Australia. 15 Pro Max 512 is $2550! UK is £1500 I believe

Last edited:
Unboxingggg!!! First thoughtsss!

Especially listen for on/off pops, sudden changes in volume etc. :)

Amazon here is not even letting us pre-order yet...

About me: not an audiophile nor do I have golden ears.
My system is very basic: Klipsch "The Nines" powered speakers connected to the Ultra via the "Analog Out" to the Klipsch "Analog IN". TV connected to the Ultra via HDMI, (no subwoofer). I only stream music from Amazon Music through my ROKU stick in my TV and/or now from Amazon Music on the WiiM Home app.

Initial thoughts: feels and looks well built, the screen is crisp and bright, I think it's very cool, it looks good and should be seen not hidden. I purchased this because I wanted to see if there was a sound quality difference streaming from the Ultra vs. ROKU and I really wanted the EQ and PEQ features. Sound wise (flat EQ, no PEQ): the sound did change, I think the bass may be tighter and the highs are possibly a bit brighter.

I have a question for the forum, can I assume the Ultra's output is just getting put through the DAC in the Klipsch even if I'm using the analog in?
If so then I'm limited to the performance of the Klipsch DAC, correct?

The PEQ: currently only one 10 band PEQ, no separate PEQ for L/R and sub.

The HDMI ARC and CEC seem to work, waking the Ultra and using volume controls on the ROKU remote.

They give you three screen choices for streaming playback:
Screenshot_20240711-222545_WiiM Home.jpg

Last edited:
About me: not an audiophile nor do I have golden ears.
My system is very basic: Klipsch "The Nines" powered speakers connected to the Ultra via the "Analog Out" to the Klipsch "Analog IN". TV connected to the Ultra via HDMI, (no subwoofer). I only stream music from Amazon Music though my ROKU stick in my TV and/or now from Amazon Music on the WiiM Home app.

Initial thoughts: feels and looks well built, the screen is crisp and bright, I think it's very cool, it looks good and should be seen not hidden. I purchased this because I wanted to see if there was a sound quality difference streaming from the Ultra vs. ROKU and I really wanted the EQ and PEQ features. Sound wise (flat EQ, no PEQ): the sound did change, I think the bass may be tighter and the highs are possibly a bit brighter.

I have a question for the forum, can I assume the Ultra's output is just getting put through the DAC in the Klipsch even if I'm using the analog in?
If so then I'm limited to the performance of the Klipsch DAC, correct?

The PEQ: currently only one 10 band PEQ, no separate PEQ for L/R and sub.

The HDMI ARC and CEC seem to work, waking the Ultra and using volume control.

They give you three screen choices for streaming playback:
View attachment 8952
If you use the analog out, it uses ultra built in dac. If you use digital out it uses your Klipsch dac.

Reactions: MGJ
Do us favor, try play on it with sub and see if there’s anomaly such as static noise or distortion.

I do not have a sub, but while playing music:

Turning on the sub in the app and changing the cross-over freq. does not create any unwanted noise. It does change the main speakers cut-off as it should.

With NO music playing there is also NO unwanted noise while changing settings in the sub section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back