Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Linton user I would advice to keep them. I guess the next step up would be the Mofi 888.
Thanks for the tip! Will check those out! Especially now that there's the Ultra to take care of the digital side of things, it might be better to keep my poweramp and stick to passive speakers.

** just saw the price... that's more than the JBL L-100 Classic 🥲🥲

Wow great tip! Will check those out! Especially now that there's the Ultra to take care of the digital side of things, it might be better to keep my poweramp and stick to passive speakers.
From a long one day experience 😉: The Tripple Eights are a brilliant choice! And even the only YT pope I rely on when it comes to speakers gave them a blessing!

Base model for room correction

Australia $1499
UK £ 799
US $799

Australia. 15 Pro Max 512 is $2550! UK is £1500 I believe
About half of Americans have an iPhone. You don’t need the latest model. You don’t even need an activated one. You don’t even need to own one. Just have access to one for half an hour.

What do your silver ears have to say about The Nines? ;) (+ the overall experience)
I could see myself switch to those at some point.

The Nines replaced a sound bar. I've had them for about six months now and really like them. Maybe it's my room but the bass from these is impressive for such a small woofer, the woofer cone measures 6.5" not 8" (the woofer frame is 8"). The Klipsch app is decent. I paid full price and think they would be an excellent value if you buy them on sale.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! Will check those out! Especially now that there's the Ultra to take care of the digital side of things, it might be better to keep my poweramp and stick to passive speakers.

** just saw the price... that's more than the JBL L-100 Classic 🥲🥲
I know they are a little bit expensive. But if they are the last speaker of your life, it will be a good investment:

Thats the video I mentioned in my previous post. Did not remember how often I bought "last speakers"...my wife will give different information 😉

You should try a bit of reverse psychology.

Tell her you’ve only bought your latest pair as a stopgap for a month.

When you finally swap them a year later, she’ll be well impressed. ;)

As a little excuse, it was agreed with the dealer to compare the 10s with the 888s after a few weeks. My 10s with the stands are nearly the same price as the 888s. And no need for a subwoofer any longer. Win - win - win 😉

Hi there,

Changing topic, for those of you thinking about getting a new amplifier to match the Ultra:

Really good performance and reasonable price. I know there are similar options from other workshops but this particular one matches almost perfectly the dimensions of the Ultra (for those who like me suffer from OCD).

Cheers!

Then tell her you are buying them for her as a present... :)
I hope she still loves me. That could be the only reason one could call her silly 😉
But as I wrote, she is also so deep in music that my HiFi obsession is pardoned. And when we buy new things the predecessors are still like new. That brings prices in a much softer light, it mostly doesn't start at zero.

@WiiM Team - please update the faq
The ultra faq page says this, but I believe it's been said that it will include a phono ground adapter.

What accessories, etc, will come with the unit in the box?Power cable, HDMI, RCA, Optical Cable, and Voice Remote
It's been updated. Thanks for catching that.

I have a wiim amp. This time, I am planning to replace it with Wiim Ultra. But Ultra doesn’t support Airplay? Will there be a firmware update later?

Hi there,

Changing topic, for those of you thinking about getting a new amplifier to match the Ultra:

Really good performance and reasonable price. I know there are similar options from other workshops but this particular one matches almost perfectly the dimensions of the Ultra (for those who like me suffer from OCD).

Cheers!
Since I'm poor, I'm going to use Fosi's ZA3 amplifier.

I have a wiim amp. This time, I am planning to replace it with Wiim Ultra. But Ultra doesn’t support Airplay? Will there be a firmware update later?
See the comment in post opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back