MiniDLNA and corrupt meta data

amix

Major Contributor
Hi,

this issue could totally be related to the server (MiniDLNA) and not the client (WiiM Pro Plus). I just want to check what you guys think about this. I then might reroute my interest.

Whenever I try to play an Ogg file, that has an "ACOUSTID_FINGERPRINT too large" error (shows up in MiniDLNA's log) the file won't get played. Any ideas as to whether it could be the client, that receives but does not play the file?

Are ACOUSTID_ID and ACOUSTID_FINGERPRINT the same thing?

I used Picard to add ACOUSTID_ID tags to an album, copied the values to ACOUSTID_FINGERPRINT then loaded the album to MiniDLNA (1.3.3). MiniDLNA indexed the files and they played successfully through WiiM.

Are those log entries being generated during indexing or as you're trying to play the track? I wouldn't expect MiniDLNA or WiiM to be reading the tags during playback so I have to assume it's during indexing, although why that would effect playback I don't know.

Do they play to other renderers? If you don't have another renderer to test with you could use BubbleUPnP (Android) or mconnect (iOS) and play the files locally.

Whilst MiniDLNA may be suitable for very basic playback, it has some serious limitations. On what hardware is MiniDLNA installed? I'd normally recommend MinimServer but it can't handle embedded artwork in Ogg files, so it may not be the best option in your setup.

Back