More money than sense?

castalla

Major Contributor

Wasted my working life in education - should have gotten that diploma in snake-oil sales my father recommended to me many years ago. Damn and blast it. 😭

They've already sold at least one set - somebody over on the Naim community posted a pic, including the box the cable came in 😋😁

Much cheaper without the cart ... and well worth its price. :)

Oopsie ... sorry ... times have changed. 4.999 € is actually a bargain now for the player alone with no cart. My bad. :rolleyes:
My Rega was £188 without cartridge back in the day 😀

My Rega was £188 without cartridge back in the day 😀
And it has also been worth its price, hasn't it? ;)

The current P10 really is a totally different animal than the current P3 ... and a current P3 really is better than one from the 1980s. If it is as much better as the increased prices is another question. Personally I found that I didn't listen to my records as much as I used to so I sold my P10 after just 2 years and settled for a P6 as the sweet spot.

But hey, now there's the Naia ... :unsure:🤪:ROFLMAO: ... more money than sense?

Someone here will buy those cables then complain that the WiiM Ultra doesn’t have balanced output!

• Haha
Reactions: vdp
And it has also been worth its price, hasn't it? ;)

The current P10 really is a totally different animal than the current P3 ... and a current P3 really is better than one from the 1980s. If it is as much better as the increased prices is another question. Personally I found that I didn't listen to my records as much as I used to so I sold my P10 after just 2 years and settled for a P6 as the sweet spot.

But hey, now there's the Naia ... :unsure:🤪:ROFLMAO: ... more money than sense?
I only use mine to digitise vinyl now so it doesn't need to contend with feedback from speakers. I set it up on the dining room table and tiptoe around until the end of a side 🤣

IMHO there is a law of diminishing returns that applies to HiFi equipment across the board but only after you have successfully overcome the initial very sharp up curve from say a “Crossley record player” to a well made turntable. Thereafter the upward curve is only a gradual incline.

I only use mine to digitise vinyl now so it doesn't need to contend with feedback from speakers. I set it up on the dining room table and tiptoe around until the end of a side 🤣
I have both of my turntables set up and ready to use at any time but in truth digitising my longstanding vinyl collection is their main use. Streaming via LMS anywhere is just easier but perhaps not as fun.

£8000 for a 13A fuse 😱

I have both of my turntables set up and ready to use at any time but in truth digitising my longstanding vinyl collection is their main use. Streaming via LMS anywhere is just easier but perhaps not as fun.
Fun for me is discovering that a track has an accompanying video on Tidal or YT. Maybe I should invest in a better tv? Problem is finding a decent 36-38 inch - awkward alcove location dictates size.

Somebody on the Naim forum just described the Naim Atom as moderately priced (ca. 2000 euro). As a streamer it has less features than the Wiim Pro. Definitely more money than sense over there.

Ps. I've got a Naim muso qb2 which is nice (standalone speaker streamer) as a chromecast endpoint, but I wouldn't rate it as any better than my pro with powered speakers.

In any event my whole setup runs via Lyrion to take advantage of all the plugin goodies available 😊😋

Back