Need to wake up my Sub

Jamp7

There are similar threads to this one but my issue seems a little different…. I have my sub hooked up to the Ultra sub out. The Ultra outputs to my DAC via optical. I have the WiiM app set up with sub out ON and the crossover set at 60-80. The level is set right in the middle at zero. My sub is set about 2/3 of the way on its level setting at -18. When the sub is playing it sounds nicely blended with my main speakers which are small floor standers. The sub is set to always on.

When I start listening to music at my normal volume, the sub does not chime in. The music sounds like it is missing the lower frequencies. After a while, and some moving the level up and down in the WiiM App, the bass frequencies can be heard. For some reason it is at best delayed by quite a bit or possibly needs to be prompted by adjusting the level a little. Anyone else experience this?

There are similar threads to this one but my issue seems a little different…. I have my sub hooked up to the Ultra sub out. The Ultra outputs to my DAC via optical. I have the WiiM app set up with sub out ON and the crossover set at 60-80. The level is set right in the middle at zero. My sub is set about 2/3 of the way on its level setting at -18. When the sub is playing it sounds nicely blended with my main speakers which are small floor standers. The sub is set to always on.

When I start listening to music at my normal volume, the sub does not chime in. The music sounds like it is missing the lower frequencies. After a while, and some moving the level up and down in the WiiM App, the bass frequencies can be heard. For some reason it is at best delayed by quite a bit or possibly needs to be prompted by adjusting the level a little. Anyone else experience this?
Please try turning down the subwoofer volume and adjusting the sub volume in the WiiM app.

I have a similar problem, I noticed it today. My subwoofer is HT1205 MKII, which is set to Auto. When listening at low level with sub level 0 in the app, the subwoofer did not turn on by itself. I had to move sub gain in the app to make it work

I have a similar problem, I noticed it today. My subwoofer is HT1205 MKII, which is set to Auto. When listening at low level with sub level 0 in the app, the subwoofer did not turn on by itself. I had to move sub gain in the app to make it work
If mine doesn’t wake up I play a few seconds of Pat Metheney’s latest album. That does the trick lol

This seems to be a fundamental problem with many subwoofers (independent of WiiM). I'm surprised that the subwoofers don't have a sensitivity setting for the automatic switch-on function. This should be very easy and cheap to realise. Unfortunately, my XTZ doesn't have it either. I also often have the aforementioned switch-on problem at low levels.

In my current setup, the Ultra is the only volume control in play.
Please try turning down the subwoofer volume and adjusting the sub volume in the WiiM app.

Same advice as before.

Always on should work as well, but you'll be wasting electrical energy.

Back