Pro Plus: Chromecast & Qobuz

When I Chromecast Qobuz to my WiiM, I started seeing 16 bit, 44.1khz as max Chromecast quality even though I have my Qobuz app set for 96/24. Is there a setting I messed up?

Thank you for the reply. I'm using Pro Plus with Optical Out 24/196.
Ok, I should have read the thread title, sorry just woke up ;)

Are you using the Android Qobuz app and relying on the display on its casting page? If so, that’s incorrect and it’s actually transmitting what it shows on the now playing page. Looks like a display bug - see this and related comments

Post in thread 'Pro Plus: Chromecast & Qobuz'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/pro-plus-chromecast-qobuz.3891/post-62315

Yes, I'm using Qobuz Android app, latest version.
Here's what it shows in Now Playing.

View attachment 11846
Do you have the mobile & WiFi streaming quality set higher than CD in the Qobuz app settings? I get hi res 96khz on that track, but if I change the streaming quality to CD down from hi res in settings , I get your screenshot.

Hi all,

This is a known issue with Chromecast, which only supports CD-quality streaming when using Qobuz with the WiiM Ultra via Chromecast. We have reported this issue to the Chromecast team, and they are investigating it. We will keep you informed of any updates.

Hi all,

This is a known issue with Chromecast, which only supports CD-quality streaming when using Qobuz with the WiiM Ultra via Chromecast. We have reported this issue to the Chromecast team, and they are investigating it. We will keep you informed of any updates.
You’ve fallen down the same hole I did - we’re talking about the pro plus here ;)

You’ve fallen down the same hole I did - we’re talking about the pro plus here ;)
Hi Bunside,

We have identified that the issue originates from the Qobuz app. The app consistently displays CD quality (16-bit, 44.1 kHz) on the Chromecast device page, even when the WiiM Pro Plus is playing at 96 kHz. We will report this issue to the Qobuz team and hope for a prompt resolution.

Hi Bunside,

We have identified that the issue originates from the Qobuz app. The app consistently displays CD quality (16-bit, 44.1 kHz) on the Chromecast device page, even when the WiiM Pro Plus is playing at 96 kHz. We will report this issue to the Qobuz team and hope for a prompt resolution.
Yeah, as identified by @Brantome earlier in this thread :)

Hi Burnside,

Does this Qobuz flaw apply to other WiiM products as well or just to the Pro Plus?

Back