Room correction

How does the correction curve looks like?
It should be „active“ and stored under „auto“ when you enter EQ after RC.

only concerning ios for the moment... which is really the interesting thing in the case of captures via phone...(not the """rew qualibred micro""" etc of course),

it is really the objective and subjective comparisons with housecurve, soft little expensive and having perspective, for example, which seems the most interesting to me..."sames conditions"...
for the moment...

any observations? ;-)

Last edited:
I have lately with last version of app and firmware run another correction with B&K and no restriction in the q or gain . I have entered the setting in rew and showed me that I need 2.67db of headroom . So the volume of 95% was covering it.

Now I run HouseCurve after Wiim room correction and it confirms the curve using again the iPhone mic.

I see a spike in group delay though and I don’t know if it is related the peq . Not talking about the lowest frequencies my speakers do not produce any usable output , I am referring around 80 and 125hz . To be honest these spike is 0.4 ms so not so high and what I hear seems very correct . So there is that if as a next step you can utilize fir/iir corrections

Attachments

• IMG_1091.png
    IMG_1091.png
    267.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1090.png
    IMG_1090.png
    338.1 KB · Views: 27
I have lately with last version of app and firmware run another correction with B&K and no restriction in the q or gain . I have entered the setting in rew and showed me that I need 2.67db of headroom . So the volume of 95% was covering it.

Now I run HouseCurve after Wiim room correction and it confirms the curve using again the iPhone mic.

I see a spike in group delay though and I don’t know if it is related the peq . Not talking about the lowest frequencies my speakers do not produce any usable output , I am referring around 80 and 125hz . To be honest these spike is 0.4 ms so not so high and what I hear seems very correct . So there is that if as a next step you can utilize fir/iir corrections
I see a spike in group delay of nearly 80ms. Where does 0.4ms come from?

Based on the results of that measurement, the function automatically adjusts the PEQ so that the frequency response is basically flat.
So there is no manipulation within the time domain but only in the frequency domain? That's no "Room Correction" then, but auto EQ. Would be nice, though, if one could preset certain values for the auto EQ. Like, I have hearing loss starting at 4K, which means, that a flat curve is not what I want. It would need to compensate.

So there is no manipulation within the time domain but only in the frequency domain? That's no "Room Correction" then, but auto EQ. Would be nice, though, if one could preset certain values for the auto EQ. Like, I have hearing loss starting at 4K, which means, that a flat curve is not what I want. It would need to compensate.
You could generate the PEQ values in REW with your chosen target curve and then transfer them to the WiiM app manually.

Yes it is not exactly room correction it is as you said auto eq

The new app has changed Room Correction in that there is now an additional sound that is recorded by the mic.

As I have written in another thread I originally had a big spike in the lowe end with RC turned on that was like this:

IMG_8278.png

This now has changed to a more (?) reasonable one:

IMG_8277.png

At least it sounds better to me :)

Will RC ever be available for the WiiM mini?
WiiM did say at one point they’d evaluate it and see if the Mini could support it, and even though it now supports 10 band PEQ, I haven’t seen any sign of them making progress on the Mini front which might suggest it’s less likely to be available there.

WiiM did say at one point they’d evaluate it and see if the Mini could support it, and even though it now supports 10 band PEQ, I haven’t seen any sign of them making progress on the Mini front which might suggest it’s less likely to be available there.
Ok thanks 👍

Back