Room correction

Do I get a free iPhone too? Otherwise it is not a free upgrade :p
Almost every household I know has at least one iPhone. (we have 2 and 2 iPads). Otherwise, ask a friend to lend it to you for a short time. You don't need it permanently.

WiiM says they are working on an Android version for the magical RC. I know many, many die hard Android users who would prefer a root treatment than asking an Apple owner for borrowing 😂

WiiM says they are working on an Android version for the magical RC. I know many, many die hard Android users who would prefer a root treatment than asking an Apple owner for borrowing 😂
Because they are afraid to realise how easily things can work?

What's your definition of room correction, then? We have a two channel setup here, where the left and right speaker are usually placed equidistant in the MLP. The only thing that might need adjustment in the time domain is the subwoofer.

WiiM do not attempt to set that delay automatically, but you can adjust it manually . They are in good company keeping it like thata. It's e.g. the same with $$$$ stereo amplifiers sold by Lyngdorf.

If the speaker has time domain issues, one might try to solve this using DSP, but it could hardly be called room correction then.

This is the same issue for all products and has been discussed over and over again. We don't need absolute calibration, but we do need a calibration for linear response, yes.

Regarding the time domain adjustment it is particularly useful when integrating a sub however with speakers it is also very beneficient since the room itself which in many cases is not symmetrical and it consists of different materials that each one causes reflected sound to arrive at different times at the listeners ears. That can cause smearing and phase distortion which you only understand when you correct for it at the time domain and have a sound that is relaxed and clear even at very high volumes … you understand the results of room correction with the absence of fatigue

Last edited:
Regarding the time domain adjustment it is particularly useful when integrating a sub ...
WiiM have that covered, even if not automatically.

however with speakers it is also very beneficient since the room itself which in many cases is not symmetrical and it consists of different materials that each one causes reflected sound to arrive at different times at the listeners ears. That can cause smearing and phase distortion which you only understand when you correct for it at the time domain and have a sound that is relaxed and clear even at very high volumes … you understand the results of room correction with the absence of fatigue
Still, there's no way of correcting the direct sound and reflections independently. Also, corrections made at higher frequencies might be beneficial right in the MLP but are likely to turn into the opposite just a couple of inches away. A bit of care taken with speaker setup and toe-in is certainly rather more effective, as long as WAF doesn't get into the way. Non-symmetrical rooms/speaker placement is why I'm waiting for per-channel PEQ, though.

Last edited:
Playing with room control and then testing and tweaking with house curve app. Pretty happy with the results at this point and it sounds quite nice in my small office. IMG_9785.png

I agree to cheap audio man. Room correction is by far the greatest update that everyone enjoy.

WiiM have that covered, even if not automatically.

Still, there's no way of correcting the direct sound and reflections independently. Also, corrections made at higher frequencies might be beneficial right in the MLP but are likely to turn into the opposite just a couple of inches away. A bit of care taken with speaker setup and toe-in is certainly rather more affective, as long as WAF doesn't get into the way. Non-symmetrical rooms/speaker placement is why I'm waiting for per-channel PEQ, though.
Hi harkpabst, Team

We are developing an auto-measurement feature for subwoofer latency, which will be integrated into our auto-calibration process. This enhancement aims to provide a more seamless audio setup experience with your subwoofer. We plan to release this feature for Beta testing by the end of July. Please stay tuned for updates!

What kind of preset? What level? What criteria? For what?
Just measure it… works great!
Preset your personal reference and the Auto-EQ uses this in its calculation. Like I have an 8dB loss at 8k. So compensate 8dB at 8k.

Preset your personal reference and the Auto-EQ uses this in its calculation. Like I have an 8dB loss at 8k. So compensate 8dB at 8k.

You can store any Auto-EQ or not Auto-EQ setting. You can adapt it, compare it, it‘s all there!

Hi harkpabst, Team

We are developing an auto-measurement feature for subwoofer latency, which will be integrated into our auto-calibration process. This enhancement aims to provide a more seamless audio setup experience with your subwoofer. We plan to release this feature for Beta testing by the end of July. Please stay tuned for updates!
You guys are awesome.

By far the WiiM Amp has been one of the most satisfying products I have ever purchased.
I was amazed by the 10 band parametric update, then Roon, Room correction and now additional Sub latency. Awesome.

Room eq calibration can really elevate entry level equipment into a league above poorly installed more expensive kit... Amazing to find these options appearing on these already excellent value surprisingly capable products !

Keep the pricing fair and you will hold your customers faithfully as we all expand our WiiM home networks.

Bravo

Back