Room correction

Its not as trivial as some people thought. Or still think. RC done right is one of the most complex parts in HiFi. And even then, who defines "done right"? In home audio we are still at the beginning.
There is never a perfect solution! For me - I know how to apply it - it works really well!
For me Pareto is fine!

:roll eyes: Where do you plug this mic in? USB port for charging only
Your phone obviously as that's where the WiiM Home app is and where the RC analysis is done, as I'm sure has been mentioned many times before... :rolleyes:

Yes, the actual iPad Pro is able. Did it with my Umik-2 and Housecurve. Worth the action? Not really. Nice to play with, but no sonic explosion.
The mic was here for other reasons and Housecurve wasn't a big invest. Still trying to defeat my curiosity with WiiMs RC, but it looks as if I stay strong 😉
I didn't understand your answer. USB microphone doesn't work well with WiiM?

Is the Room correction feature an auto EQ or is something more sophisticated going on?
I am experiencing a very strange phenomenon that sounds like volume pumping and what sounds like phase shifting when auto room correction is turned on. Anyone else hearing this wonkiness?

I am experiencing a very strange phenomenon that sounds like volume pumping and what sounds like phase shifting when auto room correction is turned on. Anyone else hearing this wonkiness?

In certain cases I had the same impression!
As others stated before, I think as well, that curves with high q factors are more prone to this phenomena. After automatic RC I try to simplify the curve manually…

As others stated before, I think as well, that curves with high q factors are more prone to this phenomena. After automatic RC I try to simplify the curve manually…
Ahhhh. Interesting. I’ll play around with that. Thx!

Hi, If the curve is too high and that’s the reason of that so called “pumping effect” what do you tweak F,G or Q?

Hi, If the curve is too high and that’s the reason of that so called “pumping effect” what do you tweak F,G or Q?

-You cannot tweak the frequency as this is the spot where you should correct.
-the more gain the more problemstic,
-and Q as well - the steeper the more problematic…

In my case I tried to simplify the curve with lesser correction points under consideration of G and Q…
IMG_1498.jpegIMG_1502.jpeg

Last edited:
I just realized a day or so ago that my Pro Plus has (now?) room correction.

I have Neumann monitors and used their MA-1 alignment system to calibrate them - will be interesting what the WiiM room correction makes of that.

I just realized a day or so ago that my Pro Plus has (now?) room correction.

I have Neumann monitors and used their MA-1 alignment system to calibrate them - will be interesting what the WiiM room correction makes of that.

Please share your findings :)

If you have an external USB mic, it works with the WiiM Home App, too.
Hi I have a MiniDSP UMIK-1, I use REW and created correction file. Is there a way we can apply the correction EQ to WIIM Pro Plus. I do not have IOS, i have android and windows 11 where WiiM home is installed.

Tried RC. Sorry. Was the sine wave supposed to be audible? Sine wave is a high pitch to low, is that accurate? Maybe my hearing isn’t as good as it once was.

Anyways, the RC worked. It turned on the parametric equalizer. It lowered the volume and it was ok, but I prefer my own settings.

Tried RC. Sorry. Was the sine wave supposed to be audible? Sine wave is a high pitch to low, is that accurate? Maybe my hearing isn’t as good as it once was.

Anyways, the RC worked. It turned on the parametric equalizer. It lowered the volume and it was ok, but I prefer my own settings.

When speaker is flat you should notice the db during the sweep is the same, it's noticeable in REW. If you disable/enable EQ .

Of course the full plotted response will show you static graph, then can enable/disable EQ for before/after but seeing that realtime plot is noticable, when I did before/after minidsp subwoofer response, it's audible . When it's flat the pitch changes but not the db

Attachments

• rew.jpg
    rew.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 22

It is very audible!
First a small high sweep, then a long sweep from 20Hz to 20kHz! Also very audible!!
Not sure if it worked fine at your place, as you barely could hear it…

Back