Sub integration via digital outputs?

A combination digital output plus sub output has been confirmed by WiiM as the implemented one, it's an exception for the common rule that only one output can be active the same time.
Is the sub output always analog though?

A combination digital output plus sub output has been confirmed by WiiM as the implemented one, it's an exception for the common rule that only one output can be active the same time.
Thank you, @onlyoneme! My understanding is that you also have a pre-production unit, right? Have you tried testing the S/PDIF mains + Sub Out RCA (analog) combination yourself?

Let me get this straight, if you use optical or coax out you can use sub out? If you use usb out the sub won’t work? Is this correct?

Thank you, @onlyoneme! My understanding is that you also have a pre-production unit, right? Have you tried testing the S/PDIF mains + Sub Out RCA (analog) combination yourself?
I believe I explained that first, but you want to connect the digital output of the WiiM to the digital input of your subwoofer, correct?

Current WiiM device specifications do not allow this, but it is not impossible with two WiiM devices.

Wiim said they will look into it apparently they have not answer the question in which at this time I don’t think it’s feasible to have usb and sub out.

Wiim said they will look into it apparently they have not answer the question in which at this time I don’t think it’s feasible to have usb and sub out.
I would guess that it will be more complex due to the external clock to be used in case of the USB audio.

I believe I explained that first, but you want to connect the digital output of the WiiM to the digital input of your subwoofer, correct?

Current WiiM device specifications do not allow this, but it is not impossible with two WiiM devices.
Digital Sub Out was not something I required. It was just my impression that this was the only supported configuration if I wanted mains to go digitally to external DAC. Turned out, I was wrong which is actually a good thing. It means one less external DAC for my planned system. I am perfectly happy with the Sub Out signal converted to analog by WiiM, I just prefer my main stereo channels to be routed to external DAC instead, which happens to have balanced outputs. My power amp does not have RCA jacks and also, I like my current DAC and have no reason to replace it with the WiiM Ultra one.

Digital Sub Out was not something I required. It was just my impression that this was the only supported configuration if I wanted mains to go digitally to external DAC. Turned out, I was wrong which is actually a good thing. It means one less external DAC for my planned system. I am perfectly happy with the Sub Out signal converted to analog by WiiM, I just prefer my main stereo channels to be routed to external DAC instead, which happens to have balanced outputs. My power amp does not have RCA jacks and also, I like my current DAC and have no reason to replace it with the WiiM Ultra one.
I don't see anything wrong with that if that is what you want.

As already mentioned, you can connect the digital output of the Ultra to your DAC and use the analog sub-out at the same time. I actually did that myself.

Can one use the PEQ function for the subwoofer output also ? Its really needed between 20-200 Hz .

Back