Sub integration via digital outputs?

Latest beta yes
If I'm running the latest beta of the WiiM Home App and plug a USB-A to USB-B into the USB-B input on my Kanto TUK speakers should I then see an option for USB Output in Audio Output settings or do I need to do something?

If I'm running the latest beta of the WiiM Home App and plug a USB-A to USB-B into the USB-B input on my Kanto TUK speakers should I then see an option for USB Output in Audio Output settings or do I need to do something?
Do you have the usb out beta firmware? If not, then no.

Also, which beta app are you referring to and what beta is it in relation to?

Do you have the usb out beta firmware? If not, then no.

Also, which beta app are you referring to and what beta is it in relation to?
sorry, iOS beta app from TestFlight. What's the beta version of the firmware that has USB Output? Thanks

I am very satisfied with the device so far. I have connected the Ultra to a DAC and from the DAC it then goes to the Fosi Audio V3 monos as a power amplifier. The connection to the DAC via COAX Out works great. The sub connected to the Ultra works, the room correction works, everything works as it should.
What I don't understand is why everything except the sub works when I use a USB cable to the DAC instead of a COAX-out cable. The room correction works and I can even control the volume, which I didn't think was possible, only the SUBWOOFER does NOT work!

Will there be a firmware version at some point that will enable the sub output?

Hello, if I connect "Ultra" to an external DAC via USB or coaxial and the DAC directly has mono amplifiers, can I adjust the volume via "Ultra"? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very satisfied with the device so far. I have connected the Ultra to a DAC and from the DAC it then goes to the Fosi Audio V3 monos as a power amplifier. The connection to the DAC via COAX Out works great. The sub connected to the Ultra works, the room correction works, everything works as it should.
What I don't understand is why everything except the sub works when I use a USB cable to the DAC instead of a COAX-out cable. The room correction works and I can even control the volume, which I didn't think was possible, only the SUBWOOFER does NOT work!

Will there be a firmware version at some point that will enable the sub output?
WiiM say they’re investigating the possible use of the sub when usb out has been selected - I suggest you raise a ticket direct to them for the latest information on the topic.

@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team - any update on this matter? Thanks

Back