The European wait for the WiiM Ultra

Steve Woodhouse

Major Contributor
The first evidence for an Ultra in the wild was when one was dispatched from Amazon US on 9th July.

Usually a month’s wait for the first WiiM to arrive in Europe, do I have that right?

If so, it’s just under 2 weeks for us. Here’s hoping.

Well, someone in the UK has git there’s from a UK dealer already, so it can’t be long.

Unless the dealer imported it for them or something.

Is there any reason to upgrade my Squeezebox touches to the Wiim Ultra? For the HT I'll be using digital out

Apart from the EQ features, the old style graphic EQ, and room EQ?

I live in Denmark and would not be able to use the supplied power cord from a UK version. However, could I just plug in any C7 cable and be good to go?
Yes, assuming C7 is one of those figure 8 ones.
My ultra came with a US plug so I just used a spare figure 8 one I had lying around.

Yes, assuming C7 is one of those figure 8 ones.
My ultra came with a US plug so I just used a spare figure 8 one I had lying around.
As tempting as it is to hit the button and just order from UK, I will wait the extra month and get it from AV-Connection in Denmark. I had a Danish delivery date of 30. Aug. confirmed yesterday. Who knows, it may be earlier since it is already available in the UK...

Yes. I have one that should be dispatched today from AV.com (silver). I confirmed that through a phonecall to them
Ronnie D

Yes. I have one that should be dispatched today from AV.com (silver). I confirmed that through a phonecall to them
Ronnie D
I ordered at Auditorium and never got a choice.. guess I'll have to drop them a quick email 😁

Back