The European wait for the WiiM Ultra

Ordered.

Thank you, sir.

Iā€™ve had great customer service from this lot in the past.

I just have a moment to comment on this.

A while ago I ordered a pair of speaker stands, which they were selling at a cracking good price as B-stock.

The stands arrived, but no nuts and bolts. Clearly, whoever had immediately returned them had nicked the fixings.

I rang up AV.com, who were immediately apologetic and sent me replacements immediately, arriving early the next day, despite it being late that I called them.

Very polite, helpful, and informative over the phone. Excellent service.

To be clear, the Ultra has cost me Ā£10 more than my Amazon pre-order (now cancelled) plus a few bob for named-day delivery (Iā€™m on holiday, so needed to specify a day when I returned), but frankly itā€™s still great VFM.

If thereā€™d been a link to any other UK firm, Iā€™d have thought to myself ā€œThanks, but no thanks, Iā€™ll stick with Amazonā€. Av.com are probably the only other company where Iā€™d cancel Amazon and order from them.

Iā€™m enjoying the holiday (Aberporth, West Wales, Mediterranean weather) but Iā€™m looking forward to returning home on Friday to get my Ultra on Saturday.

Anyway, in lieu of of a pic of the Ultra, hereā€™s my lunch in Tresaith.

Attachments

• IMG_2074.jpeg
    IMG_2074.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
Iā€™m enjoying the holiday (Aberporth, West Wales, Mediterranean weather) but Iā€™m looking forward to returning home on Friday to get my Ultra on Saturday.

Anyway, in lieu of of a pic of the Ultra, hereā€™s my lunch in Tresaith.
You picked a good week weather wise Steve, enjoy your hols and the Ultra when you get home. Good to hear the great service from AV.com, I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on a silver one too. I'll await your review though šŸ˜‰šŸ‘

I just have a moment to comment on this.

A while ago I ordered a pair of speaker stands, which they were selling at a cracking good price as B-stock.

The stands arrived, but no nuts and bolts. Clearly, whoever had immediately returned them had nicked the fixings.

I rang up AV.com, who were immediately apologetic and sent me replacements immediately, arriving early the next day, despite it being late that I called them.

Very polite, helpful, and informative over the phone. Excellent service.

To be clear, the Ultra has cost me Ā£10 more than my Amazon pre-order (now cancelled) plus a few bob for named-day delivery (Iā€™m on holiday, so needed to specify a day when I returned), but frankly itā€™s still great VFM.

If thereā€™d been a link to any other UK firm, Iā€™d have thought to myself ā€œThanks, but no thanks, Iā€™ll stick with Amazonā€. Av.com are probably the only other company where Iā€™d cancel Amazon and order from them.

Anyway, in lieu of of a pic of the Ultra, hereā€™s my lunch
I pre ordered at the end of June. The silver was showing as being available before the space grey so silver it was. I got in just before the price increased by Ā£10 and I had to pay a 'couple of bob' extra for delivery to the Scottish Highlands (pretty standard) but the 5 year guarantee has softened the blow..
Good luck
Ronnie D

For anyone who donā€™t want to wait, you can order from Amazon.com, I did that recently and will receive it tomorrow.

It is now possible to order the Ultra at Amazon in Europe, Netherlands, Germany, France etc.
Now delivery on the 5th of August.

You picked a good week weather wise Steve, enjoy your hols and the Ultra when you get home. Good to hear the great service from AV.com, I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on a silver one too. I'll await your review though šŸ˜‰šŸ‘

We return on Friday. SWMBO will be very miffed at my disappearing act on Saturday after itā€™s been delivered. :ROFLMAO:

Let's hope Auditorium also gets the delivery of fresh Ultras rather soon. šŸ˜…
Would be great news! I just dropped them an email asking to confirm the color before shipping ;)
... this should also give me more time while I'm still debating if I could live without Airplay hehe

Back