The European wait for the WiiM Ultra

So the Auditorium buyers will have to wait the longest I guess.šŸ„¹ At least we got a good deal.
Actually he said nothing about the delivery date of orders that were already placed before they changed the expected delivery date on their website ;) so I checked with him again - I'll let you know.

Anybody received an Ultra from Richersounds?
This was their reply when i asked yesterday = 'They are due to arrive in our warehouse on Thursday, and it'll be delivered to the store, a couple of days after that. We'll let you know as soon as it arrives'

This was their reply when i asked yesterday = 'They are due to arrive in our warehouse on Thursday, and it'll be delivered to the store, a couple of days after that. We'll let you know as soon as it arrives'
I've got everything crossed for a Sat collection...

In the UK, my space grey unit was ordered through Sevenoaks Sound & Vision last Friday. Got an email from them yesterday alerting me to the Airplay ā€˜issueā€™ and that units were due for delivery ā€œsoonā€.

In the UK, my space grey unit was ordered through Sevenoaks Sound & Vision last Friday. Got an email from them yesterday alerting me to the Airplay ā€˜issueā€™ and that units were due for delivery ā€œsoonā€.
Sounds like good customer service.

So the Auditorium buyers will have to wait the longest I guess.šŸ„¹ At least we got a good deal.
Unfortunately I'm unable to change my order to the silver version since they don't have any stock and they can't preorder it yet. That's why they also didn't list a color option on their website. If I want to go with silver, they tell me to cancel my previous order and wait until the silver one becomes available to order - at the regular price obviously... first world problems I know ;) but then I might as well order it with Amazon, where it should arrive next week.

Unfortunately I'm unable to change my order to the silver version since they don't have any stock and they can't preorder it yet. That's why they also didn't list a color option on their website. If I want to go with silver, they tell me to cancel my previous order and wait until the silver one becomes available to order - at the regular price obviously... first world problems I know ;) but then I might as well order it with Amazon, where it should arrive next week.
Silver would also go well with my Marantz amp, which is also Silver. But I don't know if it's worth 80ā‚¬. :unsure:
Did you hear anything about a shipping date from Auditorium yet?

Silver would also go well with my Marantz amp, which is also Silver. But I don't know if it's worth 80ā‚¬. :unsure:
Did you hear anything about a shipping date from Auditorium yet?
No they still didn't give me a specific shipping date.

Also I just stumbled upon this comment on Matt Coykendall's review on YouTube... I asked which reseller it is. Probably to be taken with a pinch of salt, but if it's a matter of weeks, I might just cancel my preorder after all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240801-162436.png
    Screenshot_20240801-162436.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 43

Also I just stumbled upon this comment on Matt Coykendall's review on YouTube... I asked which reseller it is. I might just cancel my preorder after all if it means we can get Airplay with the next batch.
But currently all versions are without the Airplay chip, including the amazon one?
Maybe if we can wait long enough Auditorium will only get the new batch with Airplay. In 2025 then. :D

Okay that looks class.. definitely going with silver now :) how do you have it connected? Directly as a preamp to a poweramp?
Preamp to integrated amp. Line out ito aux in at use at the moment. I also have connected through coax. I have also hooked up arc but haven't tried it yet. My actual stereo isn't very good but I wanted to try the wiim before changing it. At the moment I am using it as a chromecast reciever with youtube music and it is going great! Have also been casting BBC sounds and also paired with my bt headphones. All good so far
Ronnie D

Also I just stumbled upon this comment on Matt Coykendall's review on YouTube... I asked which reseller it is. Probably to be taken with a pinch of salt, but if it's a matter of weeks, I might just cancel my preorder after all.
Someone else might like to clarify.

I think that itā€™s a chip thatā€™s authorised by Apple. Or at least, they would be in deep trouble if they refused to authorise a product with the same relevant chipset as was in another device which theyā€™d authorised.

Most - actually I think all - the difference between the Ultra and WiiMā€™s other streamers has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual streaming/connecting side of things.

So why different chip? Iā€™m going to stick my neck out, pure guess, is it something to do with the better wi-go chip in the Ultra?

So replace that with one used in the Pro Plus. Wi-fi maybe not as good, but it does AirPlay.

More than happy to be shown where Iā€™m wrong.

I said it before and I'll repeat it again: Wrong chip? Doesn't fit what WiiM Team and WiiM Support already told us about the situation ("lacking the MFi chip") and the few things Apple tell us about hot MFi certification works.

Back