TV display

Steve Woodhouse

Major Contributor
I know I’m flogging a dead horse, but really, if you could just introduce this.

Go to the video below, 1:14 to 1:49.

The image on the TV at 1:40, just give us that please.

Not everyone will either want it use it, but there are surely enough of us who’ll will to make it worthwhile.

Thank you.

For older people (failing eyes), I would prefer removing the touchscreen altogether, and instead provide an additional HDMI out for both video and audio. For those of us running the Ultra through a Surround Processor we would now have the ability to 'view' Now Playing on the TV, as well as hearing the music. FWIW.

Also when you switch the TV on or off, no interuptions to the HDMI output. When I have to use TV to navigate a BD audio disc, then switch TV off there is a pause in the audio whilst the HDMI lock on occurs.

I don't think the hardware can support that but it should be possible to implement casting (e.g. to local Chromecast device) of the display in software only.
I've been doing a bit of that lately but it's really clunky. In order to still use my phone and not broadcast every keystroke to the big screen I can lock the cast onto the WiiM app--but my phone warns that the app might not function correctly. In fact I have found numerous everyday phone activities interrupt both the stream AND the video cast.
It's better than nothing... But barely.

Wiim has been cranking out new models at a furious pace. Let's hope the next iteration offers hdmi pass-thru, including "what's playing".

I've been doing a bit of that lately but it's really clunky. In order to still use my phone and not broadcast every keystroke to the big screen I can lock the cast onto the WiiM app--but my phone warns that the app might not function correctly. In fact I have found numerous everyday phone activities interrupt both the stream AND the video cast.
It's better than nothing... But barely.

Wiim has been cranking out new models at a furious pace. Let's hope the next iteration offers hdmi pass-thru, including "what's playing".
Ok, sounds fun.
My suggestion is however to have the WiiM Ultra device to do the casting. Not the WHA on the phone.

Best method would be some kind of connection between a touchscreen monitor. If it was just HDMI out sure it'll show album art and play pause stop etc but unless you can press them what's the point?

Personally I think that if the now playing screen was output through the hdmi it would be great as I find the screen too small from my listening position.
I don't have any idea if this is technically possible or not, I know at present the hdmi is just for earc?

Personally I think that if the now playing screen was output through the hdmi it would be great as I find the screen too small from my listening position.
I don't have any idea if this is technically possible or not, I know at present the hdmi is just for earc?
Just ARC, not eARC and I’d doubt the hardware is there for video out.

FAB48D2B-CDA4-4798-9941-5C933B984995.jpeg

No problems using a Web-browser and LMS, so can't see why a cast solution should be too problematical.

Which sucks as your TV will have to open browser and then choose IP.

Ideal solution would be streamer with HDMI video out. A kodi box works too but the UI is pretty slow compared to my SB/LMS

Back