TV display

Steve Woodhouse

Major Contributor
I know I’m flogging a dead horse, but really, if you could just introduce this.

Go to the video below, 1:14 to 1:49.

The image on the TV at 1:40, just give us that please.

Not everyone will either want it use it, but there are surely enough of us who’ll will to make it worthwhile.

Thank you.

I do hope it's that simple.
I'm waiting for henninggodske to share his method of getting the wiim player to cast directly to a tv.
Never said that I can do that. It's just a suggestion that WiiM team may take up.

Maybe some of the projects running on Linux could be a starter for this if they were shared with the WiiM team?

Never said that I can do that. It's just a suggestion that WiiM team may take up.

Maybe some of the projects running on Linux could be a starter for this if they were shared with the WiiM team?
Awww man...
I thought you were suggesting I try this.

Do these WiiM streamers use an OS? Can apps be side-loaded into memory like one does with a Firestick?
Can I look forward to future hacks of these boxes to open up amazing new potentials?

Do these WiiM streamers use an OS? Can apps be side-loaded into memory like one does with a Firestick?
Yes. WiiM devices uses Linux. Probably in a dedicated imbedded version.

No, there is no way to side load applications (except for the developers, I guess).

If software based I do hope it can be configured within the WiiM device settings (pref per source channel).

The cast from WiiM home app would not easily cover Spotify Connect from Spotify app without doing a multi-app dance...

Also using bi-directional HDMI would disallow setup of a separate "dedicated music display" if the user wants to have TV ARC as well.

Allwinner Tina Linux from memory…

Indeed, it’s not like Android…
Except that android is a derivative of Linux 😋. Quite a few android programs can use cast (usually audio), so In principle a video cast feature should be possible, but I've no idea how complex this could be. Roon has a remote display feature, but I don't know how they implement it. It certainly would be a nice feature for Wiims.

I would prefer a cast function, but until then I am using this method:

img_5615-jpeg.1048190

So far, I've tried miracast WHA to Android tv & LMS browser (material) to fire tv. The Firefox Silk browser is the better of the two (allows on screen management with the fire tv remote). The only snag I've seen is that without some remote interaction, the fire tv goes to screensaver after a while.

I can't find a setting to turn the screensaver off completely (a fire tv hassle).

Back