Updated Products Roadmap

No mention of Room Correction using L/R PEQ. Apparently Room Correction is complete even though it still doesn't work properly with subwoofers.

At least with the Wiim Pro+ you can use Room Correction, including Sub perfectly! Only exception is timing/phase, if you have an issue with that.
In my case, Sub integration from a frequency perspective is much better with RC than without. I would not want to miss it again…

At least with the Wiim Pro+ you can use Room Correction, including Sub perfectly! Only exception is timing/phase, if you have an issue with that.
In my case, Sub integration from a frequency perspective is much better with RC than without. I would not want to miss it again…
Is that because the Pro+ doesn't have bass management?

Only exception is timing/phase, if you have an issue with that.
It's not about having an "issue" with "timing/phase". The distance to mains and sub is hardly ever identical. And even if it is, many subs nowadays contain DSP, which will inevitably add delay.

As long as there is no separate sub out and proper high pass filtering for the mains alongside low pass filtering for the sub you cannot really call it "bass management" or "sub integration".

Sub integration from a frequency perspective is much better with RC than without. I would not want to miss it again…
Having said that, RC can surely help with a smoother overall frequency response, including the use of a subwoofer. It's just not the same thing and it's far more limited.

Can't wait to try out Plex via Wiim. Keeping fingers crossed it supports headless Plexamp...
This I think should be where they start as the UI of Plex has a lot of features what I don't need is dumbed down client like Qobuz etc rather than controlling WiiM from the Plexamp app or even worse have they made it a server!!!

This I think should be where they start as the UI of Plex has a lot of features what I don't need is dumbed down client like Qobuz etc rather than controlling WiiM from the Plexamp app or even worse have they made it a server!!!
Surely that depends on whether Plex expose those features thru the API they make available to third parties like WiiM? Most third party APIs are less feature rich than the native app.

It's not about having an "issue" with "timing/phase". The distance to mains and sub is hardly ever identical. And even if it is, many subs nowadays contain DSP, which will inevitably add delay.

As long as there is no separate sub out and proper high pass filtering for the mains alongside low pass filtering for the sub you cannot really call it "bass management" or "sub integration".

Having said that, RC can surely help with a smoother overall frequency response, including the use of a subwoofer. It's just not the same thing and it's far more limited.

If it‘s limited for you, ok.
For me it works just fine.
As I said, better than without! For me at least, that‘s what counts.

If it‘s limited for you, ok.
For me it works just fine.
As I said, better than without! For me at least, that‘s what counts.
It's the same limit for you as it is (or would be) for me. :)

Nothing wrong with the WiiM Pro Plus but the WiiM Amp and the WiiM Ultra simply have more advaced features concerning sub integration. If you think that this isn't the case I'd like to learn why you think so.

Has somebody spoken about bass management?
Not me.
Well that is why it doesn't include the subwoofer on the amp so if it does include the subwoofer on the Pro+ (which you did mention) it must be because it doesn't have bass management.

Well that is why it doesn't include the subwoofer on the amp so if it does include the subwoofer on the Pro+ (which you did mention) it must be because it doesn't have bass management.
There's not sub output on the Pro Plus. That says it all.

It's the same limit for you as it is (or would be) for me. :)

Nothing wrong with the WiiM Pro Plus but the WiiM Amp and the WiiM Ultra simply have more advaced features concerning sub integration. If you think that this isn't the case I'd like to learn why you think so.

Nobody said that Amp and Ultra do not have more advanced features.
It‘s as with everything: if you need additional features - fine, then choose where you have the additional features…

Hi Team,

We plan to release the Beta version of the RC with R/L independent PEQ and Plex integration later this week. These Beta tests will require both app and firmware updates. Please stay tuned!
Looking forward to the next beta iterations of the DLNA casting and Persistent Groups as well which have been a bit quiet… ;)

Hi Team,

We plan to release the Beta version of the RC with R/L independent PEQ and Plex integration later this week. These Beta tests will require both app and firmware updates. Please stay tuned!
Is there a way to sign up for the Beta test somewhere so we can try it out?

Back