Updated Products Roadmap

Upcoming Features

• DLNA Enhancement on the WiiM Home App (Ongoing)
  • Group Devices or Move Playback in "Now Playing" UI (9/15)
  • DLNA Cast: Cast to other 3rd DLNA devices (Offering lossless audio) (9/30 Public Release)
  • Persistent Group for Multiple Devices (9/30 Public Release)
  • Smart Preset (Shortcut): Customize the preset buttons on the Remote/App with set INPUT, OUTPUT, VOLUME, EQ, URL, SHUFFLE, GROUP etc. (9/30)
  • Separate Favorite Tab: List your favorite tracks, playlists, stations, podcasts, presets, and recently played items (Android, 8/30 Beta)
  • Maintain Context when Switching Source Input (9/15 Beta, 9/30 Public Release)
  • Native Plex integration (9/15 Beta, 9/30 Public Release)
  • KKBox Integration (9/30 Beta)
  • Enhanced 'Play Queue' Management (9/15 Beta)
  • Automatic timing alignment between speaker out and sub-out (9/15 Beta)
  • Improved NAS and DLNA DMS Features (9/30 Beta)
  • Improved USB music library (Ongoing)

No mention of Room Correction using L/R PEQ. Apparently Room Correction is complete even though it still doesn't work properly with subwoofers.

DLNA Cast has a long way to go, and hopefully another few beta releases before then, or it certainly shouldn't be public released then.
They have nearly month if they actually release on target date. They probably have list of bugs on what need to sort out from beta tester.

No mention of Room Correction using L/R PEQ. Apparently Room Correction is complete even though it still doesn't work properly with subwoofers.
That was the first thing I look I did not find it. It’s just auto timing on sub due for beta on middle of month.

Maybe independent rc peq is so complex it required to invest a lot of time and money to get it right.

What happen to this comment?

I'm not too bothered about this feature, as it's something I would never use.
Many users are into this feature room correction and even now they still experimenting and playing on this feature. Some say there was improvement, few say it made sound bad and stick on geq instead.

Extremely busy month ahead after what seemed like stalling in the DLNA and persistent group betas.

And despite what their marketing lead said a month or so back, no sign of any work on YouTube Music or “Disney Music+”. Marketing people, eh? ;)

@QuarryHunslet - doesn’t this deserve a new thread of its own?

There’s a large swath of features set slated to release end of month. Independent channel peq is what many would want to see but not in roadmap.

Back