Usb stick with ripped cds, not displaying correctly

gazza1101

I any years ago I ripped my CD collection to a drive using Nero, in Flac format, I have since played these files back initially using LMS, but more recently on the Wiim Pro via plex, through Plex my albums album art is displayed pretty complete other than a few albums, but using a usb stick with the same files a fair amount of the album art is missing and compilation albums end up with every song as an album.
Could someone suggest a windows app to take these so that I can view these correctly on the Wimm ultra?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240825-090918_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240825-090918_WiiM Home.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 9
Could someone suggest a windows app to take these so that I can view these correctly on the Wimm ultra?
Mp3tag is a good option to manage your collection on Windows.
From your screenshot I'd guess that you don't have an AlbumArtist defined or a compilation flag set for your compilations.

Last edited:
From your screenshot I'd guess that you don't have an AlbumArtist defined or a compilation flag set for your compilations.
Thanks for the reply, that makes sense, does Mp3tag work with Flac?

It also pays to read mp3tag’s documentation. It is very powerful if you get into its scripting capabilities.

Btw. Plex looks up your album art for you whereas the WiiM app is relying on you to either have embedded artwork or a cover/folder.jpg

I have spent an hour or so using mp3tag, fairly simple, but I cannot find a way to add a compilation flag?

I have spent an hour or so using mp3tag, fairly simple, but I cannot find a way to add a compilation flag?
As long as you have an AlbumArtist tag defined e.g. Various Artists, then you shouldn't need a compilation tag.

To add Compilation to the left panel:
  • Right click in the space next to Genre and select Customize
  • Select Add Field and choose Compilation from the Field drop down box and give it a name
  • Set 'size of field' to Small
  • Click OK and move the Compilation field within the panel using the up/down buttons.
  • Finally click OK
To add Compilation to the grid view
  • Right click on one of the column headers and choose 'Customize columns'
  • Click the New button
  • Give the field a Name, then in the Value and Field properties paste the name of the tag surrounded by '%' e.g. %compilation%

Are all the tracks of an album stored under the same parent folder e.g. /AlbumArtist/Album/CD0X/01...ext?

As long as you have an AlbumArtist tag defined e.g. Various Artists, then you shouldn't need a compilation tag.

To add Compilation to the left panel:
  • Right click in the space next to Genre and select Customize
  • Select Add Field and choose Compilation from the Field drop down box and give it a name
  • Set 'size of field' to Small
  • Click OK and move the Compilation field within the panel using the up/down buttons.
  • Finally click OK
To add Compilation to the grid view
  • Right click on one of the column headers and choose 'Customize columns'
  • Click the New button
  • Give the field a Name, then in the Value and Field properties paste the name of the tag surrounded by '%' e.g. %compilation%

Are all the tracks of an album stored under the same parent folder e.g. /AlbumArtist/Album/CD0X/01...ext?
Thanks that's really helpful. :)

If you use dbPoweramp to rip your CDs (highly recommended) there is a compilation tick box at top centre which will apply it at the ripping stage.

If you use dbPoweramp to rip your CDs (highly recommended) there is a compilation tick box at top centre which will apply it at the ripping stage.
Good info, I did my whole CD collection a good while ago, I now only stream using Tidal or from my ripped cd collection.

Back