Volume drops (optical)

rek2575

Using WiiM Amp with optical signal in from Samsung TV. Usually works just fine. But recently I notice the volume drops considerably, even though nothing has changed with the volume setting -- I haven't touched it, and the volume indicator stays the same. It's like the volume suddenly gets semi-muted. I reboot and it seems to solve the problem. What could be causing this?

Using WiiM Amp with optical signal in from Samsung TV. Usually works just fine. But recently I notice the volume drops considerably, even though nothing has changed with the volume setting -- I haven't touched it, and the volume indicator stays the same. It's like the volume suddenly gets semi-muted. I reboot and it seems to solve the problem. What could be causing this?
It may be a temporary glitch.
I don't know the cause of the problem, but have you had the problem once since the reboot?

If you have the same problem again next time, please submit a ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app immediately. A log of your device will be sent to the support team to help resolve the issue.

Thanks @Wiimer I'll keep a closer eye on when this happens. I'm not sure if it has happened again after a re-boot, but that's something I'll look for. I'm also trying the HDMI audio in to see if the problem happens there. So far has only happened with Optical.

Back