What are you listening to?

Screenshot_20230719-125414.png
One more before I go to work. If you have 22 mins to kill, this should do nicely. Sounds very good considering the fake audience dub. At least to me, it SOUNDS fake. 😁

Great album from Editors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-19-18-02-36-690_com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-19-18-02-36-690_com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 2
Both my Mini and Pro are located upstairs in my office but as regular readers will know I’m trialling them with LMS. One or other will probably make its way downstairs or elsewhere in the house if the forthcoming firmware update to add Squeezelite works as expected.

Anyways I’m downstairs in my Living Room where I’m listening using some headphones as my wife is watching TV. Raspberry Pi Zero piggy backed on a Powerbank feeding an Audioquest Dragonfly Black and out to a pair of B&W P7s. My favourite headphones by a mile.

I’m giving this another listen as it’s one of my favourite albums. I posted here about it last week.

♪ Playing On Broadway by Jess Roden from Jess Roden (1974) (Qobuz • 951kbps 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

IMG_6365.jpg
IMG_6363.jpeg

Eric Burdon reminded me this. I refer to "Sunsecrets". I've always liked this album.
Immagine 2023-07-20 074223.jpg
Turn up the volume and it becomes explosive.
Something less punchier
Immagine 2023-07-20 074826.jpg
And another of my favourites "To Mum From Ainsley And The Boys". Listen to "Journey's End" track.
Immagine 2023-07-20 075016.jpg

To loose a single word about this record should be not necessary.
Months ago I got AirPods 2 and the (ridiculous looking and priced) AirPods Max for testing and was lucky I could hold them.
My opinion on Apple (regarding policies) and Bluetooth (regarding sound quality) is quite sceptic, nicely said. Not the issue here.
But sometimes I feel a little noisy 😉.
So, the Giles Martin Dolby Atmos mix is not less than sensational! It is fun all over. And so is his stereo mix, which is available also on Amazon, I only can believe because I left.
In Qobuz it is a little bit tricky, they do not mention. I am quite sure they offer it as 50 Years Anniversary Edition.
Anyway, worth another re-listening for another iconic record from times went by.

View attachment 1393
Yes, this is serious stuff, not those things like Patty Pravo. You rehabilitated 😂 😂😂

Like many old DECCA SXLs the Living Stereos from late 50s to 60s were blamed as "audiophile"😉
I stopped watching the prices for the original vinyl issues long ago, there was a hype I didn't want to follow. And the re-issues are as good, if not better. But no originals...
One of the many albums which lands on my players quite often, because I love the man, the music and the sound.
There is a follower named "Return to Carnegie Hall", equally brilliant.

View attachment 1394
I was 8 years old. Not yet listening to music. ;)

My favorite at that age have been Schoenberg and Webern, you might know 😉
But sometimes my parents annoyed me with this light stuff.. 😇
I really don't know if you beat me. ;) At that age I was too busy with girls. That's why I didn't listen to music.😂😂

Back