What are you listening to?

I've stopped obsessing about CD vs Hi-Res because, at 57, and having been to quite a few LOUD shows over the years, I can't tell a difference between the two. Sure, from mp3 to CD-quality I can but that's my limit.

I work in an operating room and I will make an appointment with an excellent ENT doc and request a hearing test. I'm sure it won't even come close to 20khz🤣

Speaking of female singers, I am absolutely taken by Lisa Gerard of Dead Can Dance and her solo work. IMO, her voice is other-wordly. Puts me in such a relaxed state of mind.
View attachment 1425
Optimal choice ;) I like this Folk Prog genre and, of course, Dead Can Dance. The voice of Linda is evocative, i would say mystical. Real joy(y)👏;)
About hearing, once i did a test with a frequency record. Resulted that i’m below 16.000 😥

I've stopped obsessing about CD vs Hi-Res because, at 57, and having been to quite a few LOUD shows over the years, I can't tell a difference between the two. Sure, from mp3 to CD-quality I can but that's my limit.

I work in an operating room and I will make an appointment with an excellent ENT doc and request a hearing test. I'm sure it won't even come close to 20khz🤣

Speaking of female singers, I am absolutely taken by Lisa Gerard of Dead Can Dance and her solo work. IMO, her voice is other-wordly. Puts me in such a relaxed state of mind.
View attachment 1425
I would have a suggestion. I think that you should like also a group whose name is “Analogy”. ;) Resembles a bit to DCD, with suggestive female voice.
Doing a search i saw they are not in Qobuz, but they are on Amazon & Spotify.
One album title is Konzert. 1st album title is equal to group’s name Analogy.

I would have a suggestion. I think that you should like also a group whose name is “Analogy”. ;) Resembles a bit to DCD, with suggestive female voice.
Doing a search i saw they are not in Qobuz, but they are on Amazon & Spotify.
One album title is Konzert. 1st album title is equal to group’s name Analogy.
Thanks for the tip.
I'm a sucker for female vocalists. Sarah MacLachlan, Enigma, Alanis Morisette.
Someone linked me to this song and, while I am not a country music fan, I gotta say its one hell of a duet.
Screenshot_20230721-090324.png
Never realized until recently how fantastic Olivias' voice was until hearing this song.

And, speaking of gravity, Dolly has entered the chat!

I know you wanted something for the afternoon, ;) so rummaging through my LPs and came up with these:
Jan Matthews "Plainsong"
Immagine 2023-07-21 154728.jpg
Immagine 2023-07-21 155404.jpg
and this rarity
Immagine 2023-07-21 155607.jpg

Velvett Fogg! Tony Iommi's first appearance before Sabbath. Some magic mushrooms will make it even better. Gosh...we've been so psychedelic 😁
Mate you are a force of nature. May be there is something unknown to you? ;) Anyway i wil have more occasions to try your competence. 😂😂😂

Internet? What is that :unsure: ? Never heard. May be that we poor Italians are a bit cavemen?😂😂😂
And of course from here on you are free to charge ;)
By the way, much appreciated your suggestion about Herbie Hancock.
Great album, great personnel (y)(y)(y)
I’ll go for a :coffee:

Last edited:
I'm gonna mix it up a bit. Opeth is the band from Sweden. They used to be much heavier, with death-metal vocals, but they progressed to a more mellow, intricate sound. They are fantastic musicians and lyricists and the vocals are surprisingly beautiful yet powerful, IMO. They might be an acquired taste but, thanks to the internet, I discovered them about 20 years ago. Glad I did.

This album is their latest (2019) and they just keep getting better.
Screenshot_20230722-003202.png

Last edited:
What's happening this morning? A flock of early birds? 🤔 And, as usual, that @Achim1811 has beaten me. ;)
As I am jealous, digging deeper into my record collection I would have found these.
An obscure prog group
Immagine 2023-07-22 075258.jpg
Lynda Hoyle worth a listen. Jazzy Prog
Immagine 2023-07-22 080655.jpg
Here it comes the third. Murray Krugman and Sandy Pearlman, the duo behind Blue Oyster Cult.
Immagine 2023-07-22 080908.jpg
I love as Brian Auger as Julie Driscoll and her voice so...
Immagine 2023-07-22 081010.jpg
Enjoy, or.......may be not 😂😂😂

Seeing as we like a story with every post...

Mid 90s. Kensington, London.
Although I had spent my childhood maybe 35 miles south of London, I had recently moved there for a job.
Sitting in a pub, drinking a warm pint and eating a big bowl of chips (hot chips, for any Aussies) when this came on.
Still reminds me of those good old days...
(I didn't say it'd be a good story.)
Screenshot_20230722-210956_WiiM Home.jpg

A little self promotion...
Captured and played with MConnect lite and WiiM mini, on DO100, Nad and Kef ls50 meta...
In the past century, I was involved in the production...

Attachments

• IMG_1209.JPG
    IMG_1209.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
To awaken the senses numb from the nap. Mike Patto & his Band
Immagine 2023-07-22 165642.jpg

1690038133233.png
Happy listening ;)

FLAC from my original vinyl

♪ Playing Sneakin’ Sally Through the Alley by Robert Palmer from Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley (1973) (Local • 958kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

IMG_6370.jpg

Back