What are you listening to?

Since I'm not intimidated 😂 😂 , I add something for the afternoon. Why don't you take courage and add something of your own? We look forward to it. ;) By the way i'm 72 😊 ;)
I'm the youngster then :D

Just listening to the Radio Paradise Mellow Mix thru LMS while I potter on the PC...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-20 162250.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-20 162250.png
    1 MB · Views: 3
At least our combined ages pale into insignificance compared to the Rolling Stones' - or maybe just Keith Richards on his own 🤣 😂

1951 was definitively a brilliant vintage 😝
Boor!!! 😂😂😂
At least our combined ages pale into insignificance compared to the Rolling Stones' - or maybe just Keith Richards on his own 🤣 😂
@Brantome
Rolling? Mick?
They confided in me. Yes, I know them. ;) They made a deal with the devil. They offered me to do the same. I'm thinking about it. 😂😂😂
Ohhhh we may be 70, but we are worse than kids. ;)

Tonight’s listening is on BT headphones. Bose QC35s.
Raspberry Pi with USB DAC into an Onkyo CD Receiver and an Avantree Oasis II BT transmitter plugged into headphone out.
If, when, WiiM get Squeezelite sorted then this Pi may well get replaced with a Pro.

♪ Playing Do The Strand by Roxy Music from For Your Pleasure (180g Vinyl Half Speed Remaster 2022) (1973) (Local • 807kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

Roxy Music are one of my favourite bands. Particularly the early albums. One of my first album purchases was the debut. My original copy of For Your Pleasure is the reason I don’t have a first press of DSOTM. Roxy’s second album was released a couple of weeks after DSOTM in 1973. The 15 year old me had decided to save his pocket money for Roxy.

IMG_6366.png

PS Being 15 in 1973 means I am mere youngster in here.

PPS BT headphones as I have a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc on the go and BT allows more frequent visits to the fridge.

Last edited:
♪ Playing Misty Roses by Jess Roden from The Player Not The Game (1977) (Local • 834kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

IMG_6368.jpg

@Maurizio
It lasted long in my old brain. You are from 1950, always was sure you're also a 51er. Sorry, old man 😂

View attachment 1410
Hey mate, don't increase a lady's years. 😂 😂😂 It's not polite. I AM of 1951. You should know.
Anyway you did good. You have found the perfect gift for my upcoming birthday. Too bad I'll have to wait for next April. I'll give you the address so you know where to send it to me. 😂😂😂😂😂

Tonight’s listening is on BT headphones. Bose QC35s.
Raspberry Pi with USB DAC into an Onkyo CD Receiver and an Avantree Oasis II BT transmitter plugged into headphone out.
If, when, WiiM get Squeezelite sorted then this Pi may well get replaced with a Pro.

♪ Playing Do The Strand by Roxy Music from For Your Pleasure (180g Vinyl Half Speed Remaster 2022) (1973) (Local • 807kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

Roxy Music are one of my favourite bands. Particularly the early albums. One of my first album purchases was the debut. My original copy of For Your Pleasure is the reason I don’t have a first press of DSOTM. Roxy’s second album was released a couple of weeks after DSOTM in 1973. The 15 year old me had decided to save his pocket money for Roxy.

View attachment 1411

PS Being 15 in 1973 means I am mere youngster in here.

PPS BT headphones as I have a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc on the go and BT allows more frequent visits to the fridge.
Pffff... the usual kids ;)😂

For Friday awakening nothing better than a great female voice. Here are two of my favorite albums.
Immagine 2023-07-21 070248.jpg
Immagine 2023-07-21 070542.jpg
A little more pace for the following hours. Calm...absolutely not Chamberistic ;)
Immagine 2023-07-21 071311.jpg

Joni....always a good choice. This is one of my favorite kind of a tribute album. Sure the Jazzers know it.View attachment 1418
I love herbie, but i must confess that this album was unknown to me. I will listen to it. I saw that on Qobuz there are two version. A CD quality with 2 tracks more, and a 24/96 version. Which of the two do you recommend? You can bill me for advice. ;)

@Maurizio
Three for free every new day 😉
From sound quality I can not point even a tiny difference. You know I love the high digits, but I do not really believe in 😉
It would be the easiest way I would seek the reason in my still kind of low end equipment here. But I do not expect significant improvement. Some different "sound signature"? Yes! Sound improvement? No!
Just during the last days I did some comparing between CDs, CD quality streams and hi-res streams. To be honest and may be related to the fact that the CD player is the "best" part here I prefer always the CD. In my old ears it sounds simply more "complete". 🎼Feelin...nothing more than feelin'
😂 😂 ;)

@Maurizio
Three for free every new day 😉
From sound quality I can not point even a tiny difference. You know I love the high digits, but I do not really believe in 😉
It would be the easiest way I would seek the reason in my still kind of low end equipment here. But I do not expect significant improvement. Some different "sound signature"? Yes! Sound improvement? No!
Just during the last days I did some comparing between CDs, CD quality streams and hi-res streams. To be honest and may be related to the fact that the CD player is the "best" part here I prefer always the CD. In my old ears it sounds simply more "complete". 🎼Feelin...nothing more than feelin'
I've stopped obsessing about CD vs Hi-Res because, at 57, and having been to quite a few LOUD shows over the years, I can't tell a difference between the two. Sure, from mp3 to CD-quality I can but that's my limit.

I work in an operating room and I will make an appointment with an excellent ENT doc and request a hearing test. I'm sure it won't even come close to 20khz🤣

Speaking of female singers, I am absolutely taken by Lisa Gerard of Dead Can Dance and her solo work. IMO, her voice is other-wordly. Puts me in such a relaxed state of mind.
Screenshot_20230721-033855.png

Back