What are you listening to?

Whooow!! Great choice. I thought I was the only one who knew about this band. Now I know that there are at least 2 of us. ;)
Another great Album of the band is "Country Home". I searched Qobuz and AMU, but unfortunately i have found none of their Albums.
There are 3 albums in total. 2 on Island that both feature Jess Roden and 1 on Polydor after he had left. I don't have the Polydor one - Smoking Mixture - as my interest is due to Roden. My vinyl copy of Ace of Sunlight, bought in perhaps 1975, is NM/NM. I only acquired a vinyl copy of Country Home much more recently. In the intervening period Island released the pair as a CD boxset which I've got but I have never seen Bronco on the streamers either.
Did you see the Qobuz link to Jess Roden's 1974 solo album that I posted a week or so ago? Brilliant vocalist.

There are 3 albums in total. 2 on Island that both feature Jess Roden and 1 on Polydor after he had left. I don't have the Polydor one - Smoking Mixture - as my interest is due to Roden. My vinyl copy of Ace of Sunlight, bought in perhaps 1975, is NM/NM. I only acquired a vinyl copy of Country Home much more recently. In the intervening period Island released the pair as a CD boxset which I've got but I have never seen Bronco on the streamers either.
Did you see the Qobuz link to Jess Roden's 1974 solo album that I posted a week or so ago? Brilliant vocalist.
Yes, I did ;)

@Maurizio
Sorry, mate! Some records I can hear every second day. Take it as praise for your sophisticated taste 😉
Mmph, ok forgiven, but as a royalty you owe me a good tip. ;)
Bitte, not as that jazzer polish woman. 😂
If you haven't already done and if you don't know it, I suggest you to listen to Donald Fagen’s "The Nightfly". If you like the Steely you can't not like that album. ;)

@Maurizio
The "Official Donald Fagen National European Worldwide Fanclub" offered me years ago already the title "Honorable Chief of Everything" but I staved them off and said they should wait untill I am retired. Then by accident this forum here popped up and I spend every free minute here. 😉😂😎
Ok, I am kidding a little bit. But I like him from first listening and Nightfly is simply great.
😂 😂 😂 Of course i agree. Moreover Nightfly in vynil had a great recording.
One of the LPs that i use for testing pourposes.
Mhhh... I'm jealous. I want to be cool too.
😎😎
That's better 😂😂😂

Last musical order!
For the friends of classical music.
From 1970 - 1974 the Deutsche Grammophon forced a "Quadrophonie" format. Two front and two rear speakers. Kind of early surround sound. This mission failed and they lost millions. Now they had the brilliant but late idea to use this "4 channel format" with all the recorded soundtracks to make a 2 channel stereo out of it. Some new hardware technique was developed. In my ears the result is outstanding good.
They started with four records in that "Original Source Reissue" series.
Waiting for the CDs, but Qobuz sounds great already. My first choice is this Mahler 5.

View attachment 1564
Good tip. ;) I consider payed your debt😂😂

Last musical order!
For the friends of classical music.
From 1970 - 1974 the Deutsche Grammophon forced a "Quadrophonie" format. Two front and two rear speakers. Kind of early surround sound. This mission failed and they lost millions. Now they had the brilliant but late idea to use this "4 channel format" with all the recorded soundtracks to make a 2 channel stereo out of it. Some new hardware technique was developed. In my ears the result is outstanding good.
They started with four records in that "Original Source Reissue" series.
Waiting for the CDs, but Qobuz sounds great already. My first choice is this Mahler 5.

View attachment 1564
Could you tell me which are the other 3 albums of this serie?
Very obliged 😊

Needledrop session.

I had previously needledropped this to mp3 but now redoing it to 24/96 FLAC.

This is the US release on Music Factory - actually a promo copy. In the UK this was released on Deram as Outward Bown but the US version is self titled - The Alan Bown. Not to be confused with a subsequent album titled on both sides of the pond as The Alan Bown! which is one of the most bizarre releases in history. The Alan Bown! was recorded with Jess Roden singing lead vocals (as he does on this needledrop) but before release he left the group. The whole album was re-recorded with Robert Palmer on lead vocals. The UK version is Robert Palmer but the original with Jess Roden was what got released in the US. Great trivia and it makes both versions on vinyl quite collectible.

Back to this album. It features a stunning version of All Along The Watchtower. Reportedly Jimi Hendrix saw The Alan Bown in concert and based his version on this. There are similarities and this was released before the Hendrix version.

IMG_6373.jpegIMG_6374.jpeg

I'm listening to 'The End Of The Alphabet' - a nice XYZ compliation to test your ears (or phone speaker).

I think that this must be in my top half a dozen live albums. ♪ Playing The Ghetto by Donny Hathaway from Live (Vinyl) (1972) (Local • 705kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

IMG_6379.jpg

Started the day with another not so mainstream 😉 vocal record. For those, like me, who are interested or at least curious what the human voice is able to do. I am happy having heard her live a few times in Munich. She has absolutely no talent in acting, most of the time she stood on the stage and sung. But that singing was tremendous. For this "nightingale" repertoire she still is my number one.
This recital is a collection of stunts for soprano. The recording of the Glière concert (tracks 2 & 3) is often given reference status. Try it, you will love it or hate it. 😇

View attachment 1354
Mado Robin, soprano, French opera singer. What a voice and range.

I think that this must be in my top half a dozen live albums. ♪ Playing The Ghetto by Donny Hathaway from Live (Vinyl) (1972) (Local • 705kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

View attachment 1582wbgo radio jazz station, saturdays and sundays, programs a set called Rhythm Revue. R&B, Soul, Funk, Motown. Felix Hernandez spins some really good stuff.

Back