What are you listening to?

Perhaps not everyone knows that Mark Knopfler after the album Brother in Arms took a break from Dire Straits, founded a group and recorded an album with this group.
This is the group and the Album (the only one). ;)

Immagine 2023-07-27 062527.jpg
And from my very youth a trio i loved and that i still love today . We are talking of 60s
Immagine 2023-07-27 063113.jpg
Always from the 60s another memorable ensemble. I do'nt like the Best Of, but in this case i have choosen just a Best Of with their most famous tracks. Anyone who wants can go deeper into the albums ;)
Immagine 2023-07-27 063834.jpg
Sure everyone's teenage gaze was drawn to the "blonde" Michelle Phillips, but the golden voice was from the burly Mama Cass Elliot ;)😂

Arrived yesterday in the symbolic first moving box. This album was my first contact with recorded classical music. It shaped my listening to Baroque music for long. All the historically informed stuff has to overcome some barriers before it gets to my hifi 😉
Philips Microgroove, high quality pressing, 180g (long before that became the hoax it is nowadays).
Have to wait till my mono equipment arrives. But thats easy, I believe to know every single note of this album.

View attachment 1590
Great purchase! ;) 4 Seasons has always been one of my most favourites.
I have another version, the one with Salvatore Accardo. A very good recording and a great interpreter. I Musici too are very very good musicians. For sure your version will be better. ;)😊

♪ Playing Night To Last Forever by Andy Fraser from Fine Fine Line (1984) (Local • 877kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

FLAC from Vinyl.

I’m not going to say this is a great album or anything but it’s ok and Andy Fraser’s background made it an interesting addition to my library. I wish I had a copy of Sharks - maybe I’ll find one at some point - but this is a subsequent solo album. If you don’t know Fraser was the wonder kid bassist in Free and co-wrote All Right Now

IMG_6380.jpg

Today I would like to propose a particular group. Cowboy Junkies. Don't let the word Cowboy in the band name fool you. It has absolutely nothing to do with country music. The band's music is "dark, moody, and mellow, like being coated in honey and draped in velvet" (from Qobuz).
The music is strongly characterized by the voice of she singer Margo Timmins, sensual, ethereal, persuasive, sweet voice. "honey-infused, ethereal whisper of lead singer Margo Timmins"(Qobuz). On qobuz there is an article about the band 1 Km long. Here are two of my favorite albums. They did more than 40.
Immagine 2023-07-29 065453.jpg
This is the last Album
Immagine 2023-07-29 072642.jpg

♪ Playing I Won't Be Alone Anymore by Butts Band from Butts Band (Vinyl) (1973) (Local • 861kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

IMG_6384.jpg

This morning i would propose two greats classics
Atom Heart Mother
Immagine 2023-07-30 081646.jpg
and Valentyne Suite
Immagine 2023-07-30 081925.jpg
Have a nice sunday :giggle:

A playlist that I check every day.
Girl Squad

Tell Alexa "I'm awaked up" and she'll play the playlist after telling me today's weather forecast. Of course, it is WiiM that plays.🙂

Screenshot_2023-07-30-15-25-34-838_com.amazon.mp3-edit.jpg

Will remain my Grantchester Meadows here..
First there was light. Then came Pink Floyd.
Great Sunday for everyone!

For those who do not know this anthologies (what is really hard to believe for me 😉) I highly recommend. Great stuff for long time.

View attachment 1647
Happy to see one of your sggestions ;) It seems that this morning we both had Pink Floyd in mind(y)

Made a playlist of my 50 favorite songs with acoustic guitar solos. Mostly the usual subjects, but they earned that ranking anyway. Some not so common. May be interesting for one or another.

Mmph..let’s go and see if it's worth using my time ;) 😂😂

Made a playlist of my 50 favorite songs with acoustic guitar solos. Mostly the usual subjects, but they earned that ranking anyway. Some not so common. May be interesting for one or another.

Listening to your playlist. Great PL, and very good tracks selection. (y)
This PL has gained a place of honor in my library. ;)

Qobuz is scheduled to launch in Japan this fall.🇯🇵
You should keep this playlist until that time.😉

Back