What are you listening to?

Well, today is Girls Pop Rock Day.

I don't think people here are very interested in the artists I'm listening to, but I don't care about that. Sorry. I like to look for young artists who are still not very famous. I think I can help a little by listening to a lot of their music. (No, I'm just listening to my favorite tracks. )

Gayle
Screenshot_2023-08-05-12-45-04-617_com.linkplay.wiimhome.png

Carlie Hanson
Screenshot_2023-08-05-13-42-00-554_com.linkplay.wiimhome.png

After listening to some singers, I picked up Maggie Lindemann.

Maggie Lindemann / she knows it
Screenshot_2023-08-05-14-51-36-716_com.linkplay.wiimhome.png

Her voice is a bit like Avril Lavigne or Demi Lobato. It is a little thick to the core, piercing my ears straight like a laser beam.

Avril Lavigne / Bite me
Screenshot_2023-08-05-14-46-34-501_com.linkplay.wiimhome.png

Demi Lobato / La La LandScreenshot_2023-08-05-14-57-50-067_com.linkplay.wiimhome.png

Youtube has a live video of LaLaLand covered by maggie.

And here is LaLaLand, which Demi Lobato sang when she was about her age.

It was a very fun exploration.
And at the end I listen to this album. It's been a very long time. At the time, I listened to this over and over again.

Heart & Ann Wilson / Bad animals
Screenshot_2023-08-05-15-27-00-566_com.linkplay.wiimhome.png

Last edited:
Thank you @Achim1811 😄

It may be the first time i have heard this name.

But as soon as I heard the first track on the album, I knew she was a great singer. And listening to the 2021 album "Ajda" surprised me even more. She's a superwoman, isn't she?😳😳😳

She's much older than me, but all the jackets are attractive. WHY?🤣😍🤣

(In the days when there was no Internet, all the foreign pop songs that could be heard on Japan radio were songs that made Billboard buzz. But actually, maybe I was just missing a treasure.)
She's much older than me, but all the jackets are attractive. WHY?🤣😍🤣
Well, for you, but---for me? 🤔 Not for sure !!! 😂😂😂

Quite sure I will not follow ALL of your suggestions, @Wiimer
Too much to hear everything, like mine. But I love the way you show it here. And for me old bone thinking outside the box should be mandatory. More interesting than the 1.567.943rd debate over jitter, f.e. 😉
👏 👏 👏 👏 (y)

Quite sure I will not follow ALL of your suggestions, @Wiimer
Too much to hear everything, like mine. But I love the way you show it here. And for me old bone thinking outside the box should be mandatory. More interesting than the 1.567.943rd debate over jitter, f.e. 😉

Thank you.😉
You are always honest with yourself.

Maybe the reason I feel close to you (& Maurizio ) is because resemblance to my father.😊

My father is very stubborn! 🤣

Thank you.😉
You are always honest with yourself.

Maybe the reason I feel close to you (& Maurizio ) is because resemblance to my father.😊

My father is very stubborn! 🤣
Grrrrrrrrr 😝 But... do you have a fixation on making us understand that we are old? Beware guy !!😂😂😂😂😂

It’s a bit odd that there is nothing here actually about music that people are listening to so I’ll kick off a thread on the subject.

A set of 3 newly released CDs hit my doormat yesterday. I’ve ripped one of them to my server today and now playing.

This is a massively expanded set of tracks from Eric’s 24 Nights album from a series of concerts at Royal Albert Hall in 1990 & 1991.

♪ Playing Crossroads by Eric Clapton from 24 Nights: Orchestral (2023) (Local • 956kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

View attachment 1031
I spun this last week on Qobuz, that's a fantastic expanded collection.

Interesting. Plus the first time I remember hearing it was Natalie Merchant singing it in a gig in the Old Fruitmarket in Glasgow. Or maybe I liked it because it had previously heard it but it hadn’t registered it or followed up the original - Nick Lowe if I recall now?

Back