What are you listening to?

Interesting. Plus the first time I remember hearing it was Natalie Merchant singing it in a gig in the Old Fruitmarket in Glasgow. Or maybe I liked it because it had previously heard it but it hadn’t registered it or followed up the original - Nick Lowe if I recall now?
Not Nick Lowe originally. He wrote it of course but the original recording is on The New Favourites of Brinsley Schwarz. Their last album released in 1974.

Think Elvis and Natalie maybe do it more justice, or maybe I’m more used to their versions. Actually, Deacon Blue do a great acoustic version, but I’m a sucker for covers ;)
It’s pretty synonymous with Elvis I think. I think I am correct in saying it was the first cover he recorded. It was originally the B side to something I think.

I’ve got the Living Room to myself so rather than headphones my speakers are in play. I bought this on day of release in 1975 and despite the fact I played it an awful lot back in the day it’s still in great condition. This is a FLAC made from my original vinyl copy. It’s probably my favourite Pink Floyd album. What’s yours?

♪ Playing Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-5) by Pink Floyd from Wish You Were Here (Vinyl) (1975) (Local • 709kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

IMG_6393.jpg

Probably the best gig I ever went to back in the day was The Naughty Rhythms Tour at Ewell Tech in 1974. The tour featured Dr Feelgood, Kokomo and Chilly Willy & The Red Hot Peppers who rotated their playing order at each venue. On the night I saw them Dr Feelgood were the headliners. And rightly so. Fantastic energy and outstanding live.

♪ Playing She Does It Right by Dr. Feelgood from Down By The Jetty (1974) (Local • 738kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

IMG_6394.jpg

Good morning @all. Back to the "easy stuff without disappointments" 😉
To start with some prog. Are they really the "better Genesis"? Not necessary to even think about. Love both.
First album always the best? Of course not, but it shows a route.

IMG_1413.jpeg

What could i suggest ? 🤔 I'll start from here
Immagine 2023-08-06 081725.jpg
And
Immagine 2023-08-06 081833.jpg
A bit of blues? :cool: This is a Giant that i heard live in Pistoia at Pistoia Blues Festival. Unforgettable :cool:
Immagine 2023-08-06 082643.jpg
And this one
Immagine 2023-08-06 082815.jpg
Happy sunday :cool:

10, Downing Street. Where the British prime ministers live. The picture on the bbking cover

Hi,
Today is a day to heal my ears.
I enjoy the gentle tone of a classical guitar at low volume.

GHIBLI Songs "Ballad of Forest"
Naganori Sakakibara
Screenshot_2023-08-06-15-34-46-726_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

Kaori Muragi / Re Cycle
Screenshot_2023-08-06-15-30-59-294_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

Have a good day 😊

In Germany we have had no chance to see the film the music was made for. Those days it did not matter. It was a new Pink Floyd album. So it has to be brilliant and has to be adored. Not one of Floyd's better productions but even the not so good ones are better than many other's best.
Of course I am not unbiased. Fiat Floyd et facta est Floyd 😉

20230806_094012.jpeg

Hi @Brantome . Me and you could make a deal ;) Every twenty of my likes to you i win a good bottle of Isley’s Wisky, that you will kindly send to my home.
What about? Do you agree? I think I was incredibly honest.😂😂😂😂
I’m almost out of whisky, believe it or not. Don’t drink much of it nowadays if truth be told - when I retired, I told myself I’d buy a good malt whisky every month and build up a collection. However, God clearly had different plans and gave me terrible heartburn anytime I consumed them :( So these days I tend to drink mainly white wine, with just the occasional gin, not at the same time though ;)

Islay whiskies can be very peaty and smoky and are definitely an acquired taste - good choice :)

Back