What are you listening to?

Some of you seem to like classical piano music. So you have to suffer my next recommendation 😉
This debut album from Argentinian Marta Argerich was from day one a sensational (for classical music) economical success. Starting point for an unbelievable world career. Not only as pianist, but as mentor, teacher and door opener for so many talents. Her festivals are still exciting events.
Worth a try!
Here was headphone afternoon with KA5, Sundara and the Qobuz stream/UAPP

Screenshot_20230806_160724_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last one for today. This time no headphone but volume quite high.
From 2011 she caused a big hype in The Netherlands, our neighbors.
Groovy!

IMG_1420.jpeg

I’m almost out of whisky, believe it or not. Don’t drink much of it nowadays if truth be told - when I retired, I told myself I’d buy a good malt whisky every month and build up a collection. However, God clearly had different plans and gave me terrible heartburn anytime I consumed them :( So these days I tend to drink mainly white wine, with just the occasional gin, not at the same time though ;)

Islay whiskies can be very peaty and smoky and are definitely an acquired taste - good choice :)
😊;)

Good morning @all
Some music to glide into the day.
"Minimal Music" created a hype in the late 70s. Composers like Steve Reich or Philip Glass. (Then) contemporary American classical music. Much, much "easier" than the real Avantgarde.
Was (and is still) misused often as ambient background nonsense. What made it financially good for the composers, but to listen to it concentrated is so much more fun. If it is no fun for you, sorry. 😇
Look at the top line of the cover. It was 1982 😂

IMG_1424.jpeg

Still a very stormy morning, so some calm music fits.
"And now: Tubular Bells!"
No idea how often I tortured my family with this album when it was released. 😂
Still quite often on the platter (or, if again too lazy, via stream).
Beginning ≈ 18:00 it is a good test how your system can reproduce some "subsonic" sounds. No spectacular bass punch but challenging.
IMG_1425.jpeg

I was listening to that album yesterday. It's a pity that she's no longer here, but her singing voice will remain forever.🙂

Sometimes coincidences can be scary. For this afternoon I planned to make a recommendation for this Romanian pianist. Also gone with only 33 of leukemia. And yes, cancer is a bastard.
Every single recorded work by Dinu Lipatti can be given reference status. Sound quality is time typical. So for music lovers only.

IMG_1423.jpeg

Thanks very much for posting this. On my previous set up I really struggled to listen to classical piano music, due to the highest notes affecting my tinnitus. Fingers crossed but the new set up seems to have cured most of the harsh over bright and sometimes painful treble. So I’ll be listening to this soon. 👍🙏
A little warning. The sound or recording quality is really not that what we use to have today! The EMI engineers did a lot, but please do not expect miracles. My own experience is that a kind of learning is needed for "historic recordings", but it is worth any effort. Would like to read about your honest impression.

Back