What are you listening to?

Which streaming service do you use?
Ah, I see its Amazon. Can not check it because I have no AMHD account, but I am quite sure you can find it. There are countless entries because the recordings lost once the copyright due to its age. Means the same recording can be found on countless labels. Some of them copy only an LP or CD, kind of piracy 😉
So it is likely that the sound quality differs quite much.
Nevertheless, the music wins!

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s really weird. Now I look in the Amazon Music app it’s there, like you say. But if I go to Amazon via the Wiim app it’s not there. And there are a lot less of his albums there.
Yeah, the API that Amazon supply to third parties like WiiM has limit on the number of results it provides - I think WiiM even have that listed as one of their known issues but it’s up to Amazon to resolve it and they said they have no intention of doing so…

I guess I could have just cast it from the Amazon app to the Wiim? But it would be at a lower resolution correct? In this case it is in 16/44 so no great issue but others might be.
No, if you have linked the WiiM Home app to Alexa via the Amazon Alexa entry on the Browse page, you can cast bit perfect all the way up to 24/192. It’s a feature that’s unique to Wiim - other third parties that rely on an Alexa skill to allow casting can at best cast at 16/44.1 as you say, if not indeed just lossy SD resolution

I don’t have an Alexa. So I’d lose too much resolution. Thanks
You don’t need an echo or Alexa enabled device to use Amazon Music AlexaCast - all you need to do is link your amazon account as I describe above. It’s an unfortunate source of confusion that Amazon Music casting is called AlexaCast and uses the audio part of the Alexa cloud system to deliver the music stream - given that it was first implemented for echos, perhaps that’s not surprising.

Once you have linked your WiiM Home app and your Amazon account via the Amazon Alexa entry on the Browse page, you can forget that Alexa and/or echos are involved. Nor does it mean you need to have anything to do with the Alexa voice assistant if you have any concerns in that area.

Last edited:
A highly recommended and rewarded record of the French/Georgian pianist.
"Pictures at an Exhibition" is a battle horse recorded by nearly every relevant piano player. Here is why!
And especially for @Yanto: My granddaughter (this piece is just now lesson in her school) did me the favor and checked. It is confirmed 192/24 in Amazon MHD 😉IMG_1428.jpeg

I listened to Halle bailey's new release.
Magnificent and fantastic, SO NICE!

Halle / Angel
Screenshot_2023-08-07-22-29-48-967_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

Halle is Chloe bailey's sister. The sisters had careers as child actors in films, and their sister Chloe co-starred with Beyoncé.

The sisters were taught how to write songs by their father when they were children and taught themselves music.

After that, they debuted on Youtube as "Chloe x Halle". At that time, the sisters sang Beyoncé's "Best Thing I Never Had" in this video.

They showed off their amazing singing voices in the Super Bowl.

By the way, this is my favorite.

Never understood the popular Genesis and Phil Collins bashing. For so many people Genesis without Peter Gabriel somewhat lost their innocence or integrety.
Pop instead of Prog, who cares when their Pop is so good? Sad to see Phil these days.

IMG_1429.jpeg

To start the day not so quiet 😉
The BBC Music Magazine is my main information (paper) magazine to learn about new recordings. One exception: Normally I do not care about their Jazz reviews. Too many chamber ECMish pling pling.
This month is totally different, was caught immediately. First picture is the review, the second the record. (Quite sure you have figured it out without my explanation)

IMG_1434.jpegScreenshot_20230808_071047_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg

Back